Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Re: Sony Ngp.....thoughts???

Mar 7, 2011

bronxz32 wrote:

I have a PSP 1000 and only 15 games or so but all of those games are the best psp games. The NGP better have great games if it's going to get my money/succeed. Untill a game that catches my attention comes out i will pass on the NGP. Is it me or are people obsessed with the touch screen? Every time a new device, that has a touch screen is announced people are going crazy.

As far as 3DS goes, same thing. I've only seen so far 2 games that i would like to play on the 3DS. Ocarina of time(have it on my N64) and MGS: Snake Eater 3DS(PS2 Essential). Even though i've beaten both games i would like to play them and see what nintendo has done in 3d and how they play out. What sony should do is buy the rights from activision for Spyro and crash, lord knows they been bad crash and spyro games since they left the PS1 platform, and make those exclusives like they once were and use it for NGP.

I had two psp's with 16 games a piece not including the 1 in the psp's and the two in the sweet holder that held the pro duo's.......Now one I gave to a kid a a corvette convention...Ok that was me...The other got stole and I was facing buying another PSP and like 19 games....It.... for me it made more sense to get the PSP Go and collect all these games DLC...I can carry them over to the NGP...as well if my PSP Go gets stole again...I drop out for another and all my games are still there no need to drop out about $500 for all my games again...Not to mention the sweetness of having 17 games 4gb of music and a movie on me at once and I have no UMD luggage...not to mention it's size and the Blu Tooth access

Nah it's not about the touch screen for me which is sweet...But what about the Dual Analogs, and the 1080p HD resolution 5" OLED screen,and the touch back panel which I hope will act as a L2 and R2 in certain games.even new NGP games will support trophies and will be added to my PSN Trophies....and the 3G connection I can play infrastructure with out needing the wifi hotspot, and as well connect to PSN go to PS Store and maybe even access my friends list and talk send messages and maybe with the cameras video chat.....Oh yea and then theres the touch screen thing....LOL

Street Fighter 4....and as far as the 3DS can some one tell me why 3D on it needs no goggles yet every where else requires that and all kinds of other high price stuff to enjoy????...LOL

At that Sony 2011 thing a ma-bob dilly they stated that SCEA will be working on getting many of our PS titles from the past and present-past to be available on PS Store..I must say they are taking their time but I have basically all my PSP titles I was after that were in UMD form

I almost forgot the sixaxis gyro too....sweet

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 21 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 7, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

StuByph wrote:

well you know I was confident going Go...and still there are a few PSP UMD's that have not made it to the Store just yet....But I would hope in the future they will start to really release PS and PSP games that were all on disc...As well I will keep my fingers crossed that the NGP will play PS2 games...and PS2 will be reborn on the NGP......

(in a mad voice) And GTA San Andreas will have a true multiplayer....muwahahahahhahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

If Sony PS can someday boast that more 80% UMD titles are on the PSN than (along with all the top hits), than that would be big. HUGE actually.

There was some weird ps2 download service related glitch going on in the PSN a while ago. Might not have been anything but, here it is.

Yea I missed that...but I can say there are now today at least one PS2 game on the Store....Marvel vs Capcom 2 but I cannot use it on the PSP Go I have...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 22 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Mar 7, 2011

DEMOCRAC-Y wrote:

Already pre-ordered ^^  just waiting for the games to be available to pre-order xP

I want a Dragon Age for the NGP ^^  But we all know its going to be awesome and x10 better than the 3DS.

Yes, the NGP is going to be x10 better than it. Than again, (in a totally subjective view point) the NGP will be better than any mobile device. Ever. lol

I will reserve my pre-order from Amazon when it becomes available.

This video should serve as a little preview for those who have not seen much footage or images of the NGP,

(Video footage is property of its' owner. Whoever that is.)

Message 23 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 7, 2011

good show my friend as well for those who have not hit the blog here's these large bits from the Sony Blog...If you want to know about the NGP I stress you watch the first one the  first one

NGP and PS Suite

Kaz Hirari on NGP

NGP Details

Really after seeing this stuff I came to the conclusion that the NGP is in fact a PS3.1...LOL

I would like to thank Playstation Blog and SCEA for this information....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 24 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 7, 2011

StuByph wrote:

Nah it's not about the touch screen for me which is sweet...But what about the Dual Analogs, and the 1080p HD resolution 5" OLED screen,.........

You do realize that it is not 1080p? Just 544 (960 x 544 to be exact)

Message 25 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 8, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

StuByph wrote:

Nah it's not about the touch screen for me which is sweet...But what about the Dual Analogs, and the 1080p HD resolution 5" OLED screen,.........

You do realize that it is not 1080p? Just 544 (960 x 544 to be exact)

Screen

(Touch screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED

Multi touch screen (capacitive type)

Yes and I as well know they mention time over again that it will have clarity of the PS3....which is why I just say HD 1080p... if MGS4 on the NGP is gonna look as clear as MGS4 on the PS3...then yes I am going to spare the long winded explanation of true resolution and say 1080 or at least HD....sorry for not being specific

But I did post links above that say it all and more

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 26 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 8, 2011

Oh Snap!!!!

The other worry that looms over me about the NGP...my biggest fear of all......is will the NGP evolve as rapidly as the PSP did....I.E.....Launch PSP to the PSP Go.....

I really hope the launch NGP does not do this same thing...I will keep my fingers crossed....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 27 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Mar 8, 2011

Article as far as the ps3 graphics go on NGP, will not rival PS3's.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20038815-17.html

Message 28 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 8, 2011

bronxz32 wrote:

Of course they will not rival them, they are lower in resolution, smaller VRAM and less powerful processor. But they are a great leap given all that, they will have a larger polygon count, better antialiasing, better shaders, and other filters and lighting effects for such a small device.

Message 29 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Mar 8, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

Of course they will not rival them, they are lower in resolution, smaller VRAM and less powerful processor. But they are a great leap given all that, they will have a larger polygon count, better antialiasing, better shaders, and other filters and lighting effects for such a small device.

Sony have already stated that they where working on the NGP in 2008. If Sony where to modify the chips inside the device they had to be at Ps3 level, the NGP have more cores and run at higher Mhz speeds. With this kind of architecture, the NGP would not only have major heat issues but, it would be far to large to carry on the go and the battery would essentially be drained within less than an hour.

Last year, many people even wondered why PS3 like chips would make any sense on the PSP successor. The answer was, it did not make any sense to run PS3 cell chips on such a device. Which is why Sony choose the mobile architecture of ARM Cortex-A9 MP4 and PowerVr SGX543MP4. Asside from the technical side, using these existing chips could have saved Sony money when building the NGP.

Sony could have waited another 2-3 years to work with chips that could have ran at closer to PS3 quality however, this would have given the 3DS, iOS roducts and other mobile devices 2-4 years to conquer the market. Instead, Sony is going to launch the NGP as it is now and it should also be noted that the NGP will still offer x4 the power of any mobile device currently out.

for those that did follow the progress of the PSP succesor, no one could have guessed it would ever be so powerful. Two quad-core processors, (atleast) 512MB and, such a large OLED display where out of the question for many people yet, Sony have delivered and they have already hinted about it's retail price friendliness. Sony still have not confirmed the price, launch date, etc however, it is easy to see Sony taking these things very seriously as they recognize the mobile market as a very competitive space.

Message 30 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes