Mar 05 2011
By: NERO463 Monster Hunter 38 posts

Sony Ngp.....thoughts???

42 replies 64 views Edited Mar 5, 2011

i jus wanted to get everyones thoughts on the ngp....do you like or not???

3DS VS PSP2 Hhmmmm..... that's easy. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Re: Sony Ngp.....thoughts???

Mar 5, 2011

I think the NGP is going to be awesome. PS3 graphics with 4-8 battery life. GPS, two touch screens and it doesn't come with a bunch of side effects? WINNING!

Now for the 3DS. Can play for 30 minutes at a time, 3-5 hour battery life, 3D and I fear to leave it out incase my niece starts to play it, only to receive permanent eye damage and the nausea/vomiting..

Message 2 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Mar 5, 2011

im very very excited to try 1 in my hands , i think i will at E3 , the line up they have showed is pretty solid in my eyes , hope to see more third party support this time around , cant wait to know more about the system

Message 3 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Mar 5, 2011

As of right now, the NGP is looking really awesome. I just hope they don't use the touch screen/pad too much on games. Leave that feature for the "play 4 fun" games, and not too much on the hardcore games.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 4 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Mar 5, 2011

I've heard it will play PSOne Classics off the PSN, but what about the other PSP games/minis off the PSN?

Message 5 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Mar 5, 2011

The NGP will be able to play all PSP original games that are on the PS store. I assume it can play all minis as well. (but most mini's suck hehe)

It can also play PSOne classics.

I could rant on for days about how epic the NGP is, but I think we all know that the NGP is going to be amazing

I can't wait to pre-order it!

Message 6 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 5, 2011

Depends on the price.  They need to keep it reasonable or it will just make the portable gaming more of a "niche" market which doesn't bode well for Sony or the consumer.  If the PS3 is 299, why would anyone pay even 250 for a handheld excluding gamers?  In order to get 3rd party dev, they need to appeal to the general masses.

Message 7 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Mar 6, 2011

C_Lee wrote:

Depends on the price.  They need to keep it reasonable or it will just make the portable gaming more of a "niche" market which doesn't bode well for Sony or the consumer.  If the PS3 is 299, why would anyone pay even 250 for a handheld excluding gamers?  In order to get 3rd party dev, they need to appeal to the general masses.

Look at the 3DS, it is 250, it is more than the wii! The wii is priced at 200. 3DS is all ready selling like crazy in Japan, 400,000 units in a week, or a day, something ridiculous like that!

I am willing to go up to 300 for the NGP. I would love 250, but it seems like people have forgotten about a price between 250 and 300, like 275 or something.

Anyway, my point is that people aren't too bothered about the price. It seems like people nowdays are attracted to crappy games and some not so great gimmicks, which Nintendo is great at dishing out. Price isn't a huge problem.

Message 8 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Mar 6, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

C_Lee wrote:

Look at the 3DS, it is 250, it is more than the wii! The wii is priced at 200. 3DS is all ready selling like crazy in Japan, 400,000 units in a week, or a day, something ridiculous like that!

I am willing to go up to 300 for the NGP. I would love 250, but it seems like people have forgotten about a price between 250 and 300, like 275 or something.

Anyway, my point is that people aren't too bothered about the price. It seems like people nowdays are attracted to crappy games and some not so great gimmicks, which Nintendo is great at dishing out. Price isn't a huge problem.

Time to save up, kids! The NPG will be well worth the price, even at 300 USD, unlike the other handheld.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 9 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 6, 2011

Well I dropped out $249 for my go after my 2nd PSP.....I have pre ordered my NGP Friday at Game Stop $50 down and I was told it will cost $300......That's as much as the PS3 Slim..........

Yeah and if you all have seen the NGP Blog and watched the what is it 6 or 7 part video...You would be like oooohhh.....NGP....Next Generation PLAYSTATION...!!!!..LOL

This thing is like walking around with your PS3....they just threw it out there in the video when Konami was up at bat that you can play MGS4 in it's PS3 glory on the go....get home and upload your new save to your PS3 and continue playing MGS4  on your PS3....

They said that mini's PSP and PS One Classics will be playable....Now they didn't directly say but they did make words point out that as well I would be able to play other PSN content such as (example) Marvel vs Capcom 2....this says to me that many other PS2 titles will start arriving so as I can play them on my NGP....Please hope and dream GTA San Andreas with a multiplayer feature release for PS3 and NGP

The only downside for me with the NGP is that it didn't or it wasn't the PSP Go...meaning the design and size...I like the NGP design I understand that with all it's new tch it wasn't gonna be small...LOL...but I would have loved it if it was the PSP Go...even if they had to charge $400...the NGP is bigger than the PSP...

Lets face it NGP features in the size and shape of a PSP Go......$400 is fair look at all these smart phones and all that I stuff on the market....But oh well as I said mine is pre ordered...and I can't wait to be able to collect more PSN trophies through my NGP...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 10 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes