May 05 2012
By: Swedish_T_Mafia First Son 1 posts

Sony Needs to release an Option of "Installing games" on to the PS3

5 replies 21 views Edited May 5, 2012

To Sony,

You need to give us an option to be able to install the games from the Blu-ray disc. So that the system doesn't have to spin the disc all time making the system hot, noisy and the game LAGS here and there. I understand that you guys not giving us this option at first (that should be giving us) due to those illegal gamers. But comon not fair for us. You guys already banned them from playing online. We pay alot of money on the system, accesories, games. I am tired of lagging when playing online games. I always get killed by lagging and fall behind.  You should ban mod controllers kids. 

Please do an update with this option.

Xbox360s has the option to let us installed the game on to the system but still need the disc to read. This helps a lot of not lagging here and there. much smoother less laggy.

Don't anyone agreed with me? we need to make this thread post live big time for them to hear us.

Also Sony you need to release and update so we can view RAW CR2 files pictures on the PS3.

1. Game Install onto system optional and able to uninstall the games.

2. PS3s able to read RAW CR2 pictures files.

Message 1 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29435 posts

Re: Sony Needs to release an Option of "Installing games" on to the PS3

May 5, 2012

This has come up again and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and, well you get the idea.

1. It's not an XBox 360.
  2. You already have mandatory installs.
  3. Some jackwagon would find a way to run it without the disc.

and most importantly...
  4. It's not an XBox 360. Yes, that needs to be said twice.

Posting it here isn't going to make any difference, because this is not a direct line to the company. You can post it to the Blog Share, but be warned that it's not a magic genie that says ALAKAZAM! and grants wishes, and it's restricted to what's feasible.

Message 2 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

May 8, 2012

Op this is more of a case that game designers need to take advantage of the Ps3's HDD. The HDD is faster than the Blu ray so it makes sense for game designers to dump the core game files on the HDD.

Personaly speaking I am a very lazy person so if I see a game I am after in the PSN store I would rather download it and have it on my HDD than go out to the store and pick up the game there. I feel the days of physical medium I.E Blu ray games etc are numbered. More and more people are switching to downloading there games and one day very soon physical media will be hard to find.

Message 3 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

May 8, 2012

I don't feel that physical game sales are numbered at all. I rather purchase retail in most instances, because the prices are more "elastic" than on PSN. I would only consider purchasing smaller and cheaper games online. I don't want to fill up my HDD with full retail games if I can help it...

Message 4 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5115 posts

May 8, 2012

I'm with L.D. on this one.

I, (probably along with a pretty good majority) prefer to buy a physical copy rather than a downloadable copy. Maybe it just shows my age but, that's how I'll always be. At least until physical copy's aren't produced anymore.

But I'll probably be too old to care by that time though.

Message 5 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

May 8, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

1. Some jackwagon would find a way to run it without the disc.

You can already do that if you really wanted to, even without Sony implementing it as an official feature. You just lose access to the PlayStation Network.

Message 6 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes