MVP Support
11446 posts

Re: Console vs PC

Aug 18, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

im not going to factor in "benefits" of psn because thats too big of a variable..i havent played one free psn game since i've gotten psn aside from checking out resogun for about a week waiting on watchdogs to release.  

then the same logic applies to steam sale games as someone else might not like any of those offerings, so do the "steam slae" games still fit within your calcs?

Message 31 of 81 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

Aug 18, 2014

lol sony's freebies to me scream, HEY heres a game nobody wants to buy...I know it looks childish but its free, check it out.  Anyways, they both add up to about the same however you want to look at it, and you're wrong about it costing way more.

Message 32 of 81 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

Aug 18, 2014

@ctfw, I would apply that logic if it werent for the fact that steam sale games also include triple A titles that Sony/MS are still usually asking full retail price for. For example Payday 2.

Message 33 of 81 (95 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11446 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

@ctfw, I would apply that logic if it werent for the fact that steam sale games also include triple A titles that Sony/MS are still usually asking full retail price for. For example Payday 2.

payday 2 was free through PS + 6 months ago...

furthermore, reading through the steam payday 2 forums, there is no client server, it's completely P2P on steam. i assume you understand what that means? that's one of the biggest reasons steam can price games so low, there's almost no overhead on an older title for the developers when there's no client servers. at that point, there is no more money being invested, it's 100% profit for the devs.

also, from the same forum, apparently, payday 2 barely even runs through steam, people can't find games, they're asking the devs to port payday 1s server browser so it'll work properly. these are the kinds of issues that *can* be avoided by being in an "ecosystem" like the PSN offers. that's why the sales don't match up.

Message 34 of 81 (92 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
987 posts

Aug 18, 2014

I'm guessing you are only talking about the PS4 psn games because there have been some really good games on PS3. All of this doesn't matter to me anyway because I am one of those average joes who would rather play on a console than try to keep up a PC. I also wait for games to drop to $20-$30 before I buy them in most cases. The only games I have paid $60 for in the past 3-4 years are BFBC2: Limited Edition, BF3, and BF4. This will probably change in the years to come because I didn't have the money or a lot of time to game while I was in college. Now I'll have the money and hopefully a little more time for a couple of years at least.

Message 35 of 81 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2014

cool...didnt own playstation 6 months ago, so I had no idea...just going off the games i've seen since April.   Besides that your getting away from the facts here..consoles get you through their accessories and software....gaming rigs get you through hardware...either way they're going to get you and it all adds up about the same.

Message 36 of 81 (85 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11446 posts

Aug 18, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

cool...didnt own playstation 6 months ago, so I had no idea...just going off the games i've seen since April.   Besides that your getting away from the facts here..consoles get you through their accessories and software....gaming rigs get you through hardware...either way they're going to get you and it all adds up about the same.

lol, a $3040 hole in *your* numbers and now it "all adds up to about the same"? ok...

Message 37 of 81 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2014

obviously you skipped over the part about me saying there being BIG VARIABLES here...sorry you're another one of those ones that dont know how to read lol...also if your a typical console gamer you probably buy way more then just 4 $60 games a year like me so you could insert your own variables there and come up with your own numbers....oh wait, you didnt, just critize and not read everything in its entirety. Also-if you dont think console gaming adds up about the same with all the additional costs you are right where Sony/MS want you to be...they sell you the lower cost hardware to appeal to you more then a higher cost gaming rig and then hit you with cost after cost for everything else.

Message 38 of 81 (79 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11446 posts

Aug 18, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

obviously you skipped over the part about me saying there being BIG VARIABLES here...sorry you're another one of those ones that dont know how to read lol...also if your a typical console gamer you probably buy way more then just 4 $60 games a year like me so you could insert your own variables there and come up with your own numbers....oh wait, you didnt, just critize and not read everything in its entirety.

no, i didn't. know why? cause it's irrelevant. 

my expectations are different than yours, that's what makes it irrelevent. what i might find value in, you may not. i'm not going to come up with numbers that i can't base off of fact, especially when you're trying to compare 2 diffferent products, with different uses.

no, i read everything. i just found it quite funny that *you* come up with *your* numbers, including some formula for saving money through steam sales, then in your next post, disregard PSN freebies *only* because it screws up your numbers.

simple fact is, is that you pulled numbers out of nowhere, to fit *your* argument by the way, and then when *your* logic gets screwed, by *your own logic*, now it's all even? whatever...

oh, btw, also saw that you threw a whole 'nother console in there at another $400. did you think no one would catch that? there's another $400 off of *your* total...

Message 39 of 81 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

Aug 18, 2014

wow you really cant read...lol, I said my consoles dont last 8 years so YES i threw another one in there, and I also said I dont use the PSn freebie kiddy games so YES i disregarded that, and at the beginning of my whole formula i stated what I plan to pay...go ahead and reread it..what I plan to pay...maybe one more time...what I plan to pay...lol get the drift?  Geez you guys would argue with a wall if you thought it was dissing on your console lol..blinded.  Yes console gaming adds up to about the same as pc gaming for me....cry me a river about my numbers some more because they dont fit YOUR numbers...oh wait you have no numbers bc you only know how to be a critic of others Smiley Tongue get over it.

Message 40 of 81 (57 Views)
0 Likes