Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11404 posts

Re: Sony Needs Mandatory Software Standards

Aug 7, 2012
Apparently you have either a very short term memory, or you can't read. You didn't even mention the PS4 until your second comment, and even then:

"As for the features I suggested, clearly some will have to be on PS4, but others could be done easily on a firmware update."

Nice backtracking there, champ. And it's hilariously classy of you to go elsewhere and complain about this forum. I like how what we think means so much to you.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 11 of 15 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25126 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2012

SirSpirituous wrote:

Dear Sony,

We Playstation customers currently have to deal with all of the following on your systems:

(In the words of Tonto; What do you mean "we", white man? Who appointed you to speak for the majority? I certainly didn't get that memo) 

A lack of:

Trophy support for all it's games, still to this date. No excuse for this kind of stuff in 2012.

(Some older games won't be patched because developers have shut down, and support has ceased for them)

Mic support for all it's games. Again, no excuse for this in 2012.

(Yes, because a game like Batman: Arkham City and God of War III really need mic support)

Fast downloads, and game updates.

(Get faster internet providers, and invest in Playstation Plus)

Properly functioning players met lists, block list caps, messaging list problems such as still not having the simple feature of pressing the home button taking you straight to your new messages. People have been asking for that for over 5 years now.

(Who's been asking? I want names! :smileywink: I haven't seen "people" asking for this, mainly because the PS3 already has it) 

The reason why PS3/PSN lacks all of the above, is the complete and utter lack of any form of having a standard software policy. Developers often won't implement support or even trophy support until you finally made trophy support mandatory.

(I'd say they have a "standard", just because it's not YOUR standard is not a valid reason to say they don't exist)

I've played countless games without Mic support on PS3/PSN, or games have poorly implemented Mic support with very poor software implementation. Your competition (MS) has software standards and it clearly shows.

("Countless games", name a couple, and once again it comes down to "but... but... but... but... but... Microsoft!?")

Your company can not continue business as usual, as that clearly is not working for you. Your company needs to have Mandatory Software Standards like your competition, and not leave these kinds of critical things up to developers.

Your Software standards should be the following across all your platforms:

1. All games will have trophy support, Even older titles.

(Who pays for that when a company like Zipper has gone under? Again, if a company doesn't exist, support ends)

2. All games will have microphone support.

(Single player games have no need for this)

3. All games support the "Players Met" list.

(Already have it)

4. Block list has the 100 cap removed. (500-1000)

(If you need to block over a hundred people, I'd be willing to guess it's not the block list that needs improving, it's your social skills, and judging by this list of demands, I'd say the latter applies)

5. Friends list has the cap removed. (500-1000)

(Maybe you shouldn't add anyone and everyone)

6. Synching trohpies should be automatic and free for everyone.

(Syncing trophies IS free for everyone, why would think it isn't?)

7. Pressing the home button should automatically open any new messages sent to you, instead of the horrible way it is now.

(What "horrible way" is it now? Really, is clicking a couple buttons that strenuous? It seems that laziness has reached new depths in our society)

There is no excuse in 2012 to still be dealing with these issues Sony.  You make fantastic hardware and games, but your software implamentation leaves much to be desired. And until your company has such a standard, your company is always going to be playing catch up.

(I'd say the only "excuse" are the ones you've created. Granted the PS3 isn't perfect, but these are hardly keeping me up at night. And it's spelled "implementation".)

Regards

(Tell you what, if you take some business courses, some software engineering courses, and work really hard, maybe you can rise to the position of CEO at Sony Computer Entertainment, and then you can implement some of these changes you think we need. Until then, I'd rather not they adopt a strategy from an anonymous stranger on the internet. Until then; Don't be a fool. Stay in school)

Message 12 of 15 (106 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Aug 8, 2012

The amount of insults thrown my way in this topic is mind boggling.

When all I have written are suggestions to Sony on how they can improve their service.

I'm not demanding anything here, these are merely suggestions.

I'm my view they do need mandatory software standards, as it's currently all over the place.

If they want to have a single user experience across the board for all products like they have been advertising and saying they want to do, then what the hell is everyone's problem with this?

If anyone outside of Sony says this, it's instantly a dumb idea and must be flamed to high hell and back.

But if Sony themselves say the exact same thing, then it's the holier than thou, can do no wrong company.

You folks would be the very same people who screamed and shouted "we don't need trophy support" in all games, that's dumb!

I'm done here. I'll send my ideas directly to Sony from now on. This board is clearly a waste of time and full of immature children.

Message 13 of 15 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11404 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Immature? Hilarious, coming from the little girl who went to another forum to whine about how the kids on the PS forums were being mean to him.

As for your suggestions, there was absolutely nothing unique about them. They were pointless, and you could go to ANY PlayStation related forum on the internet, and you would find the exact same "suggestions" as yours. However, I will admit that the "trophy support in all old games" is one I don't see often. I still think it is hilariously stupid, but whatever.

Lastly, I have no idea why you didn't send these suggestions to Sony in the first place, considering you wrote an entire letter.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 14 of 15 (70 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Aug 8, 2012

SirSpirituous wrote:

Your company can not continue business as usual, as that clearly is not working for you. Your company needs to have Mandatory Software Standards like your competition, and not leave these kinds of critical things up to developers.

Your Software standards should be the following across all your platforms:

Yep, that sounds more demanding than suggesting.

Nobody forced you to post this, and the reactions you got are on you, you started calling people fanboys and watnot. Were you expecting that people came here to see your letter and praise your geniality? Thats not how the internet works xD People gave you their opinions, in a crude manner yes, but opinions at last, stop making a big deal out of this and move on.

Message 15 of 15 (64 Views)
0 Likes