Apr 03 2011
By: XcutioneR79 First Son 6 posts

Sony NGP are you ready?

4 replies 19 views Edited Apr 3, 2011

I just cant wait for the new Sony handheld.  But, there is questions and concerns about the new device. For example, the price! I here there is going to be 2 sku's. Wifi and a 3g model. Game Analysts say around 250-350 price range. How about Backwards capability with PSP and battery life. What do you think?

Message 1 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Re: Sony NGP are you ready?

Apr 3, 2011

I can't wait for the NGP myself.

It looks like a monster handheld

Message 2 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 3, 2011

Backwards compatibility is nothing to worry about....it will support PS1 and all PSP PSN titles........as well I feel we will see more PS2 games hit PSN for NGP and PS3 use....some sceptics say the NGP is not as powerful as the PS2 and can't handle the PS2 games....but I feel different cause of the GTA "Stories"...and actually playing GTA VC and 3 and Stories on the PS2 and a PSP at the same time just to compare(back in the days too)......But I say my friend you should go to this thread I am trying to get people to post any and all NGP info links they have here so we can hear all the truth's, the myth's, the legends....up to E3 and after E3 and up till release.....

Yes price has not been truly released....But I pre rdered mine a month ago at my small town GameStop and they said $300....$50 down for pre order

Post ur NGP Link Info

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 3 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Apr 3, 2011

I don't see NGP on my shopping list for a long time, unless a game that i really want or need to play is available. PSPGo was a failure no backward physical compatibility with previous psp titles. NGP, sony looks like it's relying on it's hardware and features to sell it, and not the software. Sony from what i've read has mostly talked about the hardware and not much on the games that are coming out. E3 will more than likely clear some of the smoke, at E3 sony better have a nice line up of games on the NGP that will catch people's attention. HD upgrades of previous PS2 titles will not catch people's attention. With the NGP sony needs to create original titles, something new and fresh.

Message 4 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 3, 2011

I feel you on that man...as much as I would love to have GTA San Andreas reborn with infrastructure up to 16 people and AD-HOC up to 8....and crisper graphics.....I would like New & New old titles to see a GT on it that allows real transfer data cars and money to GT5, a Metal Gear of it's own maybe a prequel or sequel to Rising, a brand new GTA, Super Street Fighter 4 (3DS got it) Marvel vs Capcom 3, Killzone, that Resistance, Medal of Honor, Star Wars Battlefront, Mirror's Edge,Call of Duty, Little Big Planet, it could go on since they say porting from the PS3 will be possible....I would be satisfied sold if it had PS3 games ported for it and you could play get home and upload ur save via BluTooth, or over Cloud 3G or old school USB cord and continue your game on the PS3 from the progress you made while you were out...I do it with PS1 games....I even play PS1 games via Remote Play...the one in my disc drive and the ones on my PS3's HDD...

Maybe with 3G you can remote play and overwrite your save via remote play and skip out the Cloud all together....

But the whole crisis in Japan I am patient and will just talk for now....I'll be fine if NGP doesn't come out till holiday 2012  especially if it means they will have a line up of like 10 to 15 new NGP titles and nothing like 13 of them are the hot shots golf caliber....nothing against it but I would just like to play some of those smash "Chilling at GameStop midnight release games come launch" know what I mean

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes