Oct 26 2012
By: endustry94 PlayStation MVP 124 posts

Sony Music Unlimited Price Point

2 replies 68 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

Sony needs to re-evaluate the Music Unlimited price point.  I really enjoyed my past trial subscription of Music Unlimited, however the $9.99 per month subscription rate far exceeds competitor pricing.  A perfect example is Apple’s Music Match which only costs a mere $19.99 per year.  While there are differences between the two services, an extra $100.00 per year does not justify the cost or persuade the consumer to choose Music Unlimited over alternate services. 

With the release of Music Unlimited being released on IOS and The PS Vita, I am begging Sony to offer a better subscription price for The Premium Service of Music Unlimited to the consumer.  Music Unlimited is wonderful service but truly overpriced.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10824 posts

Re: Sony Music Unlimited Price Point

Oct 26, 2012
To be fair, the Music Match system is just a way to store your music. Yes, you can stream it after uploading it to the cloud, but obtaining licenses from various companies to stream such large and diverse amounts of music across various devices isn't cheap, hence the higher price tag on Music Unlimited.

I think the names say it all: what you get out of Music Match is matched only by what you put in. Music Unlimited is, well, unlimited music.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Sony Music Unlimited Price Point

Oct 26, 2012
Sony makes out good through songs they offer through their record labels, and their artists. Don't forget Sony plays a huge role in both the Music and Movie industry. There's less reason to charge more.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes