Highlighted
Oct 03 2011
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7613 posts

Sony Launches "Only On PSN" Program, Brings PS2 Classics To The Store

4 replies 14 views Edited Oct 3, 2011

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Only-On-PSN-feature.jpg

If you purchased a PlayStation 3 within the past couple of years, chances are you don’t have a backwards compatible console, but don’t fret, for Sony is striving to do more than just offer you some of the best PS2 titles via HD collections. That’s right, they’re also brining a number of ”rare classic games” to the PlayStation Store starting tomorrow.

The titles that will be available for purchase tomorrow include God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red. This effort is all part of their new “Only on PlayStation Network” program, which is clearly an attempt by Sony to revitalize their online marketplace in light of the major network outage that lost consumers’ trust several months ago.

If you are a PlayStation Plus member, there are some added incentives for you as well.  Subscribers of this premium service will receive 20% off during the launch week for each game that launches through the “Only on PSN” program.  Not only that, but if you shell out over $60 through your PSN wallet, you’ll get $10 worth of credit to November purchases, which can be applied to anything available for purchase on the Sony Entertainment Network.

In addition to the PS2 classics, don’t forget that Eufloria, Okabu, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller are all launching this month, and are also part of the program.

Message 1 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7424 posts

Re: Sony Launches "Only On PSN" Program, Brings PS2 Classics To The Store

Oct 3, 2011

Funny how the PS Lifestyle (which you should really cite as the source for these posts) post emphasizes the PS2 games while the blog post kind of put them there as an afterthought.  It's definitely the more interesting part of their announcement, since only PS2 HD remakes were available before.

Message 2 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41786 posts

Oct 3, 2011

There's already a MOD Thread about this.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7424 posts

Oct 3, 2011

To be fair, this one was posted first.  Also, I didn't even realize there was a PSN Forum (I've just been using my "spaces," so I never click through it), so thanks for leading me to that.  It doesn't really make sense to me though that they would post it there when the subforum (PSN general) would be appropriate and would be seen by more people.

Message 4 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Oct 3, 2011

JERM7 wrote:

To be fair, this one was posted first.  Also, I didn't even realize there was a PSN Forum (I've just been using my "spaces," so I never click through it), so thanks for leading me to that.  It doesn't really make sense to me though that they would post it there when the subforum (PSN general) would be appropriate and would be seen by more people.

PS Lifestyle ALWAYS gets the Newz first and faster then any site including Sony's own site.

Message 5 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes