Wastelander
922 posts

Re: Sony Confirms Vita Won’t Support PS1, Turbo Grafx Games at Launch

Dec 21, 2011

If it's not ready by launch I think it will be fine to wait a month or two for it to come. I mean most people who buy the Vita will be preoccupied with Vita games anyway or even PSP games to care for the time being. I'm sure the percentage of people who want to play PS1 games over Vita games is really low.

Message 31 of 37 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jan 23, 2012

Does this apply for minis to?

Message 32 of 37 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 23, 2012

drepsx3 wrote:

no it does not.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 33 of 37 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

drepsx3 wrote:

no it does not.

Alright good i wanted to play pacman lol but thanks.

Message 34 of 37 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Jan 25, 2012

I wish Vita could play PS2 Classics that would make it the Ultimate Portable gaming device. It could totally handle PS2 games too as it's specs are easily on par with PS2's. Hopefully a patch will be made for just this kind of support.

Message 35 of 37 (10 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 25, 2012

chickenbonetom wrote:

I wish Vita could play PS2 Classics that would make it the Ultimate Portable gaming device. It could totally handle PS2 games too as it's specs are easily on par with PS2's. Hopefully a patch will be made for just this kind of support.

Photobucket

Sony was quoted in Game Informer Magazine that the Vita supports PS2 emulation. The way I interpreted that is that it will support PS2 Classics. Perhaps that is why Sony took so long to put PS2 Classics in the store, to make sure they would be compatible with the Vita...

Message 36 of 37 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Photobucket

Sony was quoted in Game Informer Magazine that the Vita supports PS2 emulation. The way I interpreted that is that it will support PS2 Classics. Perhaps that is why Sony took so long to put PS2 Classics in the store, to make sure they would be compatible with the Vita...

I hope the Vita will support PS2 classics.  It's just been leaked that GTA 3 & GTA Vice City has been rated by the ESRB for the PS3.  Most likely they'll be PS2 classics and to have these on the Vita would be amazing!!!

Message 37 of 37 (10 Views)
0 Likes