Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2011
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7531 posts

Sony Confirms Vita Won’t Support PS1, Turbo Grafx Games at Launch

36 replies 215 views Edited Nov 29, 2011

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Inside-Vita-feature.jpg

A few weeks ago, Famitsu released a PS Vita FAQ containing information regarding the successor to the PSP. Buried inside the FAQ was info about “Game Archives” support by the system, with the FAQ mentioning that the system might not support it at launch. Today, Sony has confirmed that the Vita will indeed not support “Game Archives” at launch.

Sony updated the Vita’s official website with the following:

Can Vita play PlayStation Game Archives games?

It won’t be supported at the time of the PS Vita launch. Regarding future support, we’ll share details later.

“Game Archives” covers the original PlayStation and PC Engine/Turbo Grafx games that can be downloaded through the PSN store. That means that those games can only be played on a PSP or a PS3 for now. Hopefully, Sony will update the Vita to support “Game Archives” at some point in the future.

idk about anyone else but I liv PS1 Classics and being able to play them on the go so this iz a big turn off for me. Perhaps even a deciding factor into buying Vita. There iz no reason why Vita can't support PS1 Classics when the PSP can easily do it. Sony iz jus being lazy and it will cost them sales big time.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Re: Sony Confirms Vita Won’t Support PS1, Turbo Grafx Games at Launch

Nov 29, 2011

I really hope that one could be able to play them on the PS Vita in the future. Right now I have quite a few of them, and it be a shame to carry my PSP Go in order to play them. :/

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Nov 29, 2011

You should just keep your psp for those. Nobody is gonna give you much for trade in anyway.  I doubt you'll care about psone games when u start seeing what the vita can do.  Maybe the're not supporting ps one games because their trying to set up ps2 games. Now THAT would be sweet.  Personally,  I hope they work on ps2 games and make them FULL SCREEN.  I do not want to download some emulator to make the game full screen.  Sony should do all that work so when I pay money and download the game it's FULLSCREEN from the beginning.  I don't want to hear that ORIGINALLY the game came out this big so that's why it's not fullscreen........MAKE IT RIGHT FROM THE START!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 29, 2011

We have known about thisfor about a month now, and surely game archives include PSP games as they are older games compared to the PSVita? That is what I have understood anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Sure, Vita has the power to run the original PS games. But does it really need to play PS1 games? or Do you want it to play PS1 games?  You said it is a turn off for you as well as a deciding factor in the purchase, is that because of the need?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 29, 2011

I think by the time of the US launch, this will have all been worked out...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2011

I understand that PSone classics ain't that appealing for everyone, mostly for those who havent grown up with them, but for me "one of the elders ones (seen as im old) " would realy love to have these games on Vita. I got a good selection of them and I often dont find time to sit down and play them at my PS3, so I would love to have them on the go.

I know I could just buy me a good'ol PSP, but I want a Vita

Please enable it in near future and I will buy this Vita.

And Nintendo got classics, bring the competition, you cant be worse then them

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Dec 1, 2011

bronxz32 wrote:

Sure, Vita has the power to run the original PS games. But does it really need to play PS1 games? or Do you want it to play PS1 games?  You said it is a turn off for you as well as a deciding factor in the purchase, is that because of the need?

I bought 20 PS1 Games and plan on buying more when ones I like get released so yea there iz a need to support them. Here it iz I have all these PS1 Games but no portable device to play them on. I like PS1 games better then sum PS3 games.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Dec 1, 2011

chickenbonetom wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

I bought 20 PS1 Games and plan on buying more when ones I like get released so yea there iz a need to support them. Here it iz I have all these PS1 Games but no portable device to play them on. I like PS1 games better then sum PS3 games.

Photobucket

And that will be your problem till the end of time, not just with a sony product but every other product that comes out if it doesn't do what you need it to do, game over for that product. God forbid you have to play playstation games on the playstation.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Dec 1, 2011

I think it's time to AT LEAST push for ps2 classics.. It's time to evolve.. You mentioned ps3 games, So I assume you have a ps3. Play your psone's on that or a psp if you have one.. We need to be pushing for the ps2 classics like the GOD OF WAR series, RESIDENT EVIL 4 etc etc.  I enjoyed my psone when I was a little kid but I enjoyed my ps2 a million times more.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (215 Views)
0 Likes