Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Re: Sony Cannot Afford to Pull another "PS3" or "Vita"

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Tribble6 wrote:

I'm sure Sony will price the PS4 competitively, with Microsoft breathing down their neck, but at the of the day they have chosen to target the hardcore gamer market and it's all the more exciting for it. Sure, they will sell less games (it's clearly a smaller market), but they still have the potential to make a healthy profit doing so. 

To give you an analogy, some lucky people aren't the slightest bit interested in a Toyota Prius and only desire (and can afford) a Tesla Roadster.

You do realize that Prince Charles owns a Prius?

Lol :smileyhappy: (don't let my signature fool you, I'm now in U.S.). Actually the Prius is quite a cool car, Prince Charles asside :smileywink: (I believe quite a few movie stars own one), but you hardly think of the Prius when it comes to performance (great MPG is far less sexy, although good for our planet).

Message 21 of 41 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25201 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Tribble6 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Tribble6 wrote:

I'm sure Sony will price the PS4 competitively, with Microsoft breathing down their neck, but at the of the day they have chosen to target the hardcore gamer market and it's all the more exciting for it. Sure, they will sell less games (it's clearly a smaller market), but they still have the potential to make a healthy profit doing so. 

To give you an analogy, some lucky people aren't the slightest bit interested in a Toyota Prius and only desire (and can afford) a Tesla Roadster.

Lol :smileyhappy: (don't let my signature fool you, I'm now in U.S.). Actually the Prius is quite a cool car, Prince Charles asside :smileywink: (I believe quite a few movie stars own one), but you hardly think of the Prius when it comes to performance (great MPG is far less sexy, although great for our planet).

The point is the Toyota Prius is a veritable fashion statement. Many people who buy one don't care a bit about saving the planet. It's the car to be seen in because you want everyone to know you have one, and you can't be the one who does not own one. Just like the iPhone, iPod, XBox 360, Air Jordans, and countless other products.

Message 22 of 41 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Tribble6 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Tribble6 wrote:

Lol :smileyhappy: (don't let my signature fool you, I'm now in U.S.). Actually the Prius is quite a cool car, Prince Charles asside :smileywink: (I believe quite a few movie stars own one), but you hardly think of the Prius when it comes to performance (great MPG is far less sexy, although great for our planet).

The point is the Toyota Prius is a veritable fashion statement. Many people who buy one don't care a bit about saving the planet. It's the car to be seen in because you want everyone to know you have one, and you can't be the one who does not own one. Just like the iPhone, iPod, XBox 360, Air Jordans, and countless other products.

I'm sure Mother Earth doesn't mind either way :smileywink:. The Prius owners in Virginia wont be so happy if they get slapped with the $100 tax (I suppose to claw back the taxes lost due to them buying less gas than everyone else, apart from the one guy with the Tesla (they're proposing scrapping gas tax in favor of increased sales tax)). 

Message 23 of 41 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Feb 24, 2013

I think the Vita is doing okay.

I mean, during Black Friday it sold almost a million that week alone.

Also, if the "average consumer" doesn't care about power, hardware or features, then I'd have to say that the "average consumer" is quite stupid....

Do you consider yourself an "average consumer"?  Where are you getting this info?

Message 24 of 41 (121 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7297 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Tony72495 wrote:

I think the Vita is doing okay.

I mean, during Black Friday it sold almost a million that week alone.

Also, if the "average consumer" doesn't care about power, hardware or features, then I'd have to say that the "average consumer" is quite stupid....

Do you consider yourself an "average consumer"?  Where are you getting this info?

Actually, the PlayStation Vita only sold 206,000 units on Black Friday, while the 3DS sold over 600,000.

Yes, the average consumer is quite unobservant to product specifications. When's the last time you looked at the dimensions of a table? 

I am an average consumer on certain industries, but computers and video games are not those industries :smileywink: I get my info from marketing and business classes in college.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 25 of 41 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

There was a report on Otaku, from an inside source at Sony, that there will be two SKU, one priced at $429 and 529.

As a both a Xbox and a Ps3 owner, it will be intersting to see what price points the new Xbox will be.

Im manily a Xbox player, but from what I hear the PS4 is going to be better than the new XBOX....If this is true, I might have to come over to the dark side for good!

Message 26 of 41 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1576 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Pretty much agree with you but Sony can't price it so low that they can't make a nice little profit off of it. I think $400 is a good starting price anything lower and Sony will probably be losing money on it.  They could knock the price down a year or so after release but they have to try and get the max that they can at the start for their new hardware.

Message 27 of 41 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I want to read this so bad but the blue gives me a head ache
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 28 of 41 (92 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13363 posts

Feb 24, 2013

NYPUNK88 wrote:

Pretty much agree with you but Sony can't price it so low that they can't make a nice little profit off of it. I think $400 is a good starting price anything lower and Sony will probably be losing money on it.  They could knock the price down a year or so after release but they have to try and get the max that they can at the start for their new hardware.

Consoles are not made for profit, though. They are made to be an investment on their part. You buy their console and then you buy the first game which gives them a little profit. The software makes the money.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 29 of 41 (82 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Feb 25, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

NYPUNK88 wrote:

Consoles are not made for profit, though. They are made to be an investment on their part. You buy their console and then you buy the first game which gives them a little profit. The software makes the money.

Exactly.  Just like I don't think Sony even started making a profit on the PS3 until around mid-2008 because of all the research and development they put into the CELL and stuff.

Message 30 of 41 (69 Views)
0 Likes