PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Sony Advisers need teaching ?

Nov 14, 2012

LordGoreGore wrote:

I think the term Free GAMES is misleading as well .

Most people would think Free games means PS3 games new or newer   But the truth is the Ps3 games are very old most people have already played and they don't sell well anymore  ( it's like if you go to a flee market and the person their has been trying to sell the same junk for years and now gives up and just gives it to you for free , did the seller really give you any thing good ? Do you really want it ? ) and the Psn games are mostly ( NOT ALL ) but mostly junk . So it's all misleading to me . :smileyfrustrated:

I don't agree that most people would believe "free" means a game that has been recently released. Anyone believeing that is making an assumption pure and simple. Anyone believing that probably also believes that one can get a Netflix streaming subscription, and get the recently released movies on DVD available to watch the same day on Netflix for only $8/month. It just doesn't work that way, and you have to manage your expectations.

It is unrealistic to believe that (in most cases) you are going to get a game that currently sells for $50-$60 for free on PS+, when you only pay $50 a year for that service. I think part of the point of PS+ is to bring attention to games that may have been looked over in the past, so they might be interested it buying the newer version. Some PSN games have even been brand new releases.

So if you feel like you have been misled, then you can only blame yourself, Sony hasn't implied anything about PS+ that wasn't true...

Message 11 of 21 (207 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Dec 9, 2012

But the truth is the Ps3 games are very old most people have already played and they don't sell well anymore  ( it's like if you go to a flee market and the person their has been trying to sell the same junk for years and now gives up and just gives it to you for free , did the seller really give you any thing good ? Do you really want it ? ) and the Psn games are mostly ( NOT ALL ) but mostly junk .

Message 12 of 21 (191 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 9, 2012
Perhaps if you thought of PS+ being like Netflix, perhaps you might understand better. With Netflix one shouldn't expect to have access to the newest released movies for $8/month, but it contains plenty of good movies.

With PS+ for $5/month, it would be unrealistic to expect that you would get access to the newest games. With games we got recently like RE5 Gold, Borderlands, and Bioshock 2; IMO they aren't junk games, they may be older but they are still good.

PS+ isn't for everyone, but it is a good value for its subscribers. It certainly should be recommended to new PS3 customers, as a way of quickly building up their game library...
Message 13 of 21 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Feb 19, 2013

^ Completely missed the point ^:smileyvery-happy:

Message 14 of 21 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

LordGoreGore wrote:

I think the term Free GAMES is misleading as well .

Most people would think Free games means PS3 games new or newer   But the truth is the Ps3 games are very old most people have already played and they don't sell well anymore  ( it's like if you go to a flee market and the person their has been trying to sell the same junk for years and now gives up and just gives it to you for free , did the seller really give you any thing good ? Do you really want it ? ) and the Psn games are mostly ( NOT ALL ) but mostly junk . So it's all misleading to me . :smileyfrustrated:

I thought you were going to say its misleading because we pay a yearly fee so the games are not technically free. Instead you say that its misleading because your definition of games is a "new or newer ps3 game", well that is your fault. Unless you want to argue older ps3 games and psn games aren't "games", you can't say plus is misleading.

I just realize the date of the thread. Why did you wait two months to bump a thread just to inform dolphin that he missed your point?

Message 15 of 21 (142 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Because this is a forum room NOT a chat room . Plus it is misleading . New or old games doesn't matter most of them are junk games that no one wants  Is the point . They act like there doing some thing great for you but when you look closely at it there not doing anything . GD FANBOYS ! :smileyfrustrated:

Message 16 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15916 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

LordGoreGore wrote:

^ Completely missed the point ^:smileyvery-happy:

Because this is a forum room NOT a chat room . Plus it is misleading . New or old games doesn't matter most of them are junk games that no one wants  Is the point . They act like there doing some thing great for you but when you look closely at it there not doing anything . GD FANBOYS ! :smileyfrustrated:

Actually, you're missing the point.

What you're talking about is a preconcieved notion aka assumption.

And not, again, IT IS NOT MISLEADING.... 

Here's the definition of "misleading"

mis·lead·ing  

/misˈlēdiNG/

Adjective
Giving the wrong idea or impression: "your article contains a number of misleading statements".

Synonyms
deceptive - fallacious - false - delusive - illusive

Yes, Sony is doing something for us.... giving us more content for our own entertainment.... if you think the content given out for free is crap, thats an opinion not fact. 
If you don't see the value in Plus, thats fine.... but don't try to pass off your opinion of it as fact, which is what you're essentially arguing.
You don't HAVE to have a Plus subscription.... but you do.... So why contradict yourself or be a hypocrite?

Edit: inflammatory statement removed
Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 17 of 21 (98 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
951 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

LordGoreGore wrote:

I just found out that it was a SONY adviser that told me all this .

I work for Gamestop and the Sony adviser just told me again today 11/6/1012 - That PS3 Plus dose give us 3-4 FREE games a month , Dose hold your saved games infinitely no matter how long your off and some how you can use the plus for all your saves just incase you have the old 20gb system and run out of room .

So is this all B S ?

or is the rep telling me the truth and Sonny's NOT leveling up to their end ?

Well, since you work for GameStop and Sony told you that you can get 3-4 Games free, you won't have very much memory to fit more than 5 games. There is that 150MB Cloud Service, it can help you a little bit, but not very much. I have a 320GB PS3, so maybe you can get a PlayStation 3 with bigger memory. :smileyhappy:

MVP Support Banner.jpg

http://us.playstation.com/ps-mvp-program/terms-and-conditions/
Message 18 of 21 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Advisors ,cs agents ,need psHome training . They are nice an polite but ,Not one time I ever called about missing or not working items .or any question I've had about home hav been answered by agent ,I have to trouble shoot it myself..So yes can they hire gamers.. a few any way ..lol jus a suggestion.
Message 19 of 21 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I love Sony products, most of the electronics I buy are Sony. I have 3 Sony bravias, I have a Sony Vaio, the F series one, a PS2 and PS3 and PS Vita and a Sony headphone. I currently prefer PlayStation over the other platforms. Does that make me a fanboy? :smileytongue:

As for the OP, that is indeed strange! 

Message 20 of 21 (39 Views)
0 Likes