Nov 06 2012
By: LordGoreGore Hekseville Citizen 341 posts

Sony Advisers need teaching ?

20 replies 486 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

I just found out that it was a SONY adviser that told me all this .

I work for Gamestop and the Sony adviser just told me again today 11/6/1012 - That PS3 Plus dose give us 3-4 FREE games a month , Dose hold your saved games infinitely no matter how long your off and some how you can use the plus for all your saves just incase you have the old 20gb system and run out of room .

So is this all B S ?

or is the rep telling me the truth and Sonny's NOT leveling up to their end ?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (486 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Sony Advisers need teaching ?

Nov 6, 2012
PS Plus now offers up to 5 games a month, due to a change in the program we now get a free game every week. Morgan has confirmed your saves will stay uploaded to the cloud even after a lapse in service. They'll always be there for you when you resubscribe to the service at a later date. Most saves only take up 1 MB of Hard Drive space, so if you're suggesting signing up for Plus to save your saves on the cloud instead of your console I view that as a waste. For $30 you can buy a nice sized HDD.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (470 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I think they need to do some research themselves as to what their product offers. Some people hired by Sony don't necessarily know about videogames or their products.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (453 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 7, 2012
PS+ cloud storage acts as a backup for your game saves, your PS3 can't directly access saves or store saves from within a game. It has to be accessed manually, or set up to make backup on a periodic basis...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (439 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1464 posts

Nov 7, 2012

LordGoreGore wrote:

I work for Gamestop and the Sony adviser just told me again today 11/6/1012 - That PS3 Plus dose give us 3-4 FREE games a month , Dose hold your saved games infinitely no matter how long your off and some how you can use the plus for all your saves just incase you have the old 20gb system and run out of room .

So is this all B S ?

That is largely all true. The only thing I would take issue with is using the word 'infinitely' because, well, that's a bit misleading. But yes: 

- we dole out about 3 - 4 games each month, free in Plus. 

- Saved games in the Online Game Save space stay there, even if you lapse. 

- You can back up PS3 Game Save data from any type of PS3, including original models. 

Take a look at the PS Plus page on playstation.com, or follow the updates on the PLayStation Blog and I'm sure you'll see we're meeting our promises for the service to gamers. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (423 Views)
VP of Gaming
28099 posts

Nov 7, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

LordGoreGore wrote:

So is this all B S ?

That is largely all true. The only thing I would take issue with is using the word 'infinitely' because, well, that's a bit misleading. But yes: 

- You can back up PS3 Game Save data from any type of PS3, including original models. 

Take a look at the PS Plus page on playstation.com, or follow the updates on the PLayStation Blog and I'm sure you'll see we're meeting our promises for the service to gamers. 

mochuuu, sorry but you're confusing the issue again, at least for me anyway, a few weeks back you posted/updated the Plus Q & A to show this:

Q: If I leave Plus and come back, will by Online Game Saves still be there as I left them? 

A: Yes. If your Plus membership lapses and you had game save data in the ONline Game Save storage for Plus, it will all be there when you come back to Plus. Of course, this data can be transferred locally to your HDD at anytime as well, but you must have your Plus access to do so.

Now you appear to be saying it isn't

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2332 posts

Nov 8, 2012

you also could have misheard some of the information

www.pressx2start.com

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Nov 8, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

LordGoreGore wrote:

So is this all B S ?

mochuuu, sorry but you're confusing the issue again, at least for me anyway, a few weeks back you posted/updated the Plus Q & A to show this:

Q: If I leave Plus and come back, will by Online Game Saves still be there as I left them? 

A: Yes. If your Plus membership lapses and you had game save data in the ONline Game Save storage for Plus, it will all be there when you come back to Plus. Of course, this data can be transferred locally to your HDD at anytime as well, but you must have your Plus access to do so.

Now you appear to be saying it isn't

key word there brit is "infinitely'" -- he dosent want to say that--infintely means boundless- who says plus will be around forever-- thats wjy he wont use that word--

SO as long as plus is here--- you can reup to get your saves

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (375 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I think the term Free GAMES is misleading as well .

Most people would think Free games means PS3 games new or newer   But the truth is the Ps3 games are very old most people have already played and they don't sell well anymore  ( it's like if you go to a flee market and the person their has been trying to sell the same junk for years and now gives up and just gives it to you for free , did the seller really give you any thing good ? Do you really want it ? ) and the Psn games are mostly ( NOT ALL ) but mostly junk . So it's all misleading to me . :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (323 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Nov 13, 2012

LordGoreGore wrote:

I think the term Free GAMES is misleading as well .

Most people would think Free games means PS3 games new or newer 

I disagree with that assumption, but mostly I'm confused by "PS3 games new or newer."  Yes, PS+ has given out PS1 games, but they've always given out PSN/PS3 (and used to give PSmini) games from the current generation as well.  PS+ has been changing, but it's always been a source for PS3 games.  Most people might take issue with the word "free," not "games" :smileytongue:.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (308 Views)