Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2013
By: remanutd5 PlayStation MVP 6968 posts

Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed demo

16 replies 274 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

Hey guys there is a Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed demo coming out tomorrow on psn, if you are a karting racing fan then i'd suggest you give it a try, its the best Kart racing game i have played in years and it supports up to 8 players online, in my opinion one of the best games on the vita so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (274 Views)
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Re: Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed demo

Jan 21, 2013

Just curious how it compares to Mod Nation Racers.  I own MNR now and I never play it, so I am skeptical about purchasing another Kart racer.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (267 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11010 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Having played the demo already on the PlayStation 3, my thoughts are that like most racing games these days it's kind of in the "so-so" camp. You race on wheels, pick up weapons, and switch between air and water-based driving when in either territory. The racing and mechanics certainly don't inspire a purchase. It's like Super Mario Kart, except not as unique or brilliant. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6968 posts

Jan 21, 2013

endustry94 wrote:

Just curious how it compares to Mod Nation Racers.  I own MNR now and I never play it, so I am skeptical about purchasing another Kart racer.

well i own Modnation Racers Road Trip too but the difference is that one supports online play the other doesnt, and Sonic comes with lot of stuff to do for $29.99, others try to sell you old ports for $39.99

i would say the advantage ModNation has over Sonic is that it supports play create share, sonic doesnt. But the handling of the cars is better on Sonic than on ModNation in my opinion ( even though Road Trip has very tight controls). 

There is always people playing online on Sonic , give it a try man maybe you end up playing the game a lot. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (261 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6968 posts

Jan 21, 2013

endustry94 wrote:

after i platinumed ModNation Racers Road Trip i never went back to the game because it doesnt support online play (a must for a racing game these social/online/connected days that we live in)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (259 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6968 posts

Jan 21, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Having played the demo already on the PlayStation 3, my thoughts are that like most racing games these days it's kind of in the "so-so" camp. You race on wheels, pick up weapons, and switch between air and water-based driving when in either territory. The racing and mechanics certainly don't inspire a purchase. It's like Super Mario Kart, except not as unique or brilliant. :smileywink:

haha well there is no other game like it on the psvita just ModNation ( which dont support online play ) but yes i know where you coming from, anyways i think the racing and mechanics are very good and i do think the game is brilliant, there is so much stuff to do so many things to unlock and then you get online crazy fun races for $29.99, others try to sell you half **bleep** games for $39.99 or even $44.99 lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (257 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations.  

I look forward to grabbing the demo.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (248 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6968 posts

Jan 21, 2013

endustry94 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations.  

I look forward to grabbing the demo.

yea no problem, if you end up getting the game add me to your psn friends so we can play online. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I have the sonic racing transformed game and I LOVE it :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (222 Views)
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

if anyone loves kart racers they should get this game. Perfect challenge level and fun factor with this one with a very fair power up system. i wish i could say the same about the last 2 mario kart titles...but i cant unfortunatly.

The vita version is spot on for the console version..It runs on the same engine with the same game data as them, the only real difference being the graphical fidelity. if you like kart racers get this game

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (207 Views)