Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 16 2013
By: lonewhitewolf1 Wastelander 852 posts
Accepted Solution

Something i have been wondering for a while now...

[ Edited ]
3 replies 130 views Edited Sep 16, 2013

So I have the original playstation 3 20 gig model, when i play ps2 games, it is in 1080P upscaled, whereas most ps3 games are 720P default. how come the ps2 games are upscaled but the ps3 games arnt? and i cant tell the difference so it doesnt matter.

I recently had to sell my hdtv, when i get my ps3 fixed, should i wait to buy another one or use it on my old sdtv? its so old that i have it connected to a dvd/vcr since it doesnt have av ports.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 1 of 4 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Something i have been wondering for a while now...

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

I dont have an answer for your first part.

But to your second It really depends on what your playing. If its a shooter (COD or BF3) it shouldnt be a problem but If theres reading or any text It will be very difficult. I remember tring to play mass effect 2 with a standard screen and had a lot of troubles tring to figure stuff out. Id still advise to by HD because It looks better and just makes things easier to see.

Got to cough to get off.
Message 2 of 4 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Sep 16, 2013
I have a 60 GB and never even noticed PS2 games are in 1080p tbh. I would imagine a lot of that is on the devs for the PS3 games.

I played in SD for a long time so I didn't have to compete with the gf for the tv. Some games I played at the time were simply too hard. Text in games today is rather small with the advent of HD. Its really up to you though, if you play rpg's where you may need to read stats or quest details I would suggest HD.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

Mortal Kombat Deception for PS2 is an awesome example of how great PS2 Gmes look upscaled to 1080P 

on the PS3, because that Game actually supports the Resolution for 1080P, if i'm not mistaken, that is... ^_^ 

Also, if you get Games such as GTA, or Watch Dogs, RPG Style Games, you will have problems on an SD TV... 

I'd suggest buying a PC Monitor if you can't afford a TV, I got my PC Monitor for $100, & it's a 24 Inch 1080P 

Monitor... 

Games look great in HD on it... You can always get an HD TV later... 

As for PS3 Vs. PS2... 

You are actually right, due to PS3 being downscaled to 720P Games, the Games really don't look that much different 

from PS2 Games, & that is why I really wish they would Unlock 1080P, the Graphix looked so much better when 

they had that Unlocked, but now Games look like crap... Just my opinion... 

I was never fond of 720P Graphix, because it makes everything look, big & bulky on an HD TV Screen... 

That is not what we should be seeing... 

Things should be instead smaller, & much more Crystal Clear, but with 720P, no matter how you do it, 

you just can't make that work, ~_~ 

And that is why Games with the best looking Graphix tend to Blur the Graphix at times, 

it's because they are trying to achieve the impossible, & it's not working, lOl...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 4 (62 Views)
0 Likes