PlayStation MVP
11323 posts

Re: Why won't sony listen to its consumers.

Jul 18, 2012

highlander21 wrote:

I bought my ps vita in feb looking forward to playing my ps3 games through remote play as i had been lead to belive this would be a major function of the device.  So far nothing unless you are an independent developer see you tube left 4 dead, skyrim.

Instead Im being asked to buy psp titles that I already own on psp and psone titles guess what Ive already bought and paid for.

What is the point in having a brand new system to play old out of daye titles.

What I would like is

Full remoteplay for ps3

New titles for vita such as modern warfare etc.

More apps that you can get via andoid or apple.

This frustrates me sony makes a big deal about skype and you tube well guess what they have been around for years and this is not big celebration to get access to what is a normm on any portable device.

Thank god I didnt go for a 3g vita as what would I use it for.

The internet browser needs improved I would like to turn the ps vita so I can hold in one hand and still beable to browse.

I would also like a reader app similar to apple products for web text.

The map is sluggish at best.

Its a shame I feel I have not gained by buying a vita I still get more use with my psp thank god I kept it.

I just hope sony hasn't dropped vita, as a consumer thats how it feels.

Full remote play is up in the air. Leaning more towards "Not Happening" but you never know

Vita doesn't need ports of console games

When PS Mobile launches, we'll see more apps like that (but you won't be able to use android/apple stores directly, obviously)

You say YouTube is no big deal, but people were complaining every day

3G is only for those that need it (aka, anyone who doesn't have a smartphone)

You want to hold the Vita in one hand? It's already large. You can still browse, it literally requires just the touch screen, so unless you have puny hands, then that's your problem (I also don't see what the problem is, since the Vita is a 2 handed device. It's not a smartphone you know. I don't see tablet users using their web browser with just ONE hand)

Your "reader app similar to apple products" pretty much reveals you're an Apple fanboy, wanting their tech on a Sony device.

If the Maps is sluggish, that's your internet's fault (and since you have the Wifi VIta, you don't have a GPS in your Vita)

And had you done a simple google search before buying the thing, you would've realized that full remote play for PS3 games wasn't available (And if you're too dumb to research something before you buy it, ESPECIALLY since it was released in Japan first, then you're just a poor consumer).

So boo hoo to you. You don't like your Vita? Then sell it, and go play on your iPad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 73 (207 Views)
Survivor
2483 posts

Re: Someone needs to say it...

Jul 18, 2012
"I bought my ps vita in feb looking forward to playing my ps3 games through remote play

What is the point in having a brand new system to play old out of date titles."

Stay classy, highlander21!
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 73 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Maybe you should do some research before buying things and your expectations wouldn't be so high. Sell your Vita and when it gets off the ground go buy it again. Or just go play your Dreamcast I am sure there are still games and content coming out for that.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 73 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2483 posts

Jul 18, 2012
...actually, they are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercially_released_independently_developed_Dreamcast_games
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 73 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Wow, I had no idea people were still making Dreamcast games! Kinda cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 73 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 21, 2012
lmao thats awesome that they still make dreamcast games
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 73 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Jul 21, 2012

oh look.png

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 73 (121 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jul 21, 2012

There are some arguements to be made with the release of the Vita as far as content is concerned. I wont deny you that. There were multiple games that were supposed to be launch titles or atleast launch window. LittlebigPlanet Vita was originally going to be released in March according to most retailers ( Though reliability on that is slim at best ). Games like Silent Hill: Book of Memories and Dragon's Crown were launch window titles. Both pushed back well into the end of the year or even next year...

Final Fantasy X HD / ZOne of the Enders HD. Both also announced as luanch window, but no word has really been released on these either . These are both ports! I am sure it'll take sometime to implement some touch features into these games. Needless to say though, the point was made that the games were meant to come out not to long after launch.

Now flipping sides here! Games like Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed Liberation, and Soul Sacrfice are all scheduled to release near the end of the year. So you can't say that there isn't a lot to look forward to! Just keep it in mind and the "horrible" purchase may not be so bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 73 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Jul 21, 2012

I don't check the forums all that often but I signed in just to Post this... Which has probably already been said but here goes...

The OP never bought a Vita. You can check his post history and find he's been on the same story since December of 2011. I won't even bother with a proper response except to say most here seem to be happy with their purchase, and for the 5th time: Get lost. I thought you were banned a long time ago.

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 73 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Jul 21, 2012

FARGONATIVE wrote:
Well at least we agree on one thing: this thing sucks.

Wow, when you have to immediately agree with yourself, you have grown beyond pathetic.

First off, Uncharted wasn't as good as the PS3 versions, but you know what... for a release title, it was pretty **bleep** surprising to me. Gravity Rush was the official good start for this system. Great original game, very solid. There's been a lot of re-releases other than that, but I've been mostly playing PSP games. I love having the nice screen with a better milisecond delay than the PSP and bilinear filtering. Played the **bleep** out of FFT: War of the Lions, Peace Walker, and now Valkyria Chronicles, even though I've played those a lot in the past. Now, soon we'll officially have LittleBigPlanet, Assassin's Creed 3, and Call of Duty, which will kickstart the system quite a bit.

The only thing I'm **bleep** about is PS1 classics, which will happen soon, and wanting Crisis Core and Metal Gear AC!D digital releases. None of which makes me not love my Vita and play it almost every day, even though I work 60 hours a week.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 73 (86 Views)
0 Likes