Feb 06 2013
By: sparepart Hekseville Citizen 330 posts

Some PSP Games still have 5 activated system limit

2 replies 48 views Edited Feb 6, 2013

I was looking at getting another PSP game for my son and I to play together and noticed the Resistance: Retribution on the PSN still says it has a one time fee for downloads on up to five activated systems. Is this an error? or are there still a few games that are not restricted to only 2 systems?

Message 1 of 3 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36057 posts

Re: Some PSP Games still have 5 activated system limit

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

I hope this amy help, I took it from the Official Sony Support/Knowledge page:

PlayStation Knowledge Center

Maximum Number of Systems

There is a maximum number of systems that can be activated with one account which differs depending on the content.

For purchased/downloaded content before November 17, 2011 the number of systems for activation is:

• For Game Content - Five (5) PS3 and/or portable systems

• For Video Content - One (1) PS3 and up to Three (3) portable systems

As of November 18, 2011, number of systems for activation is:

• For Game Content - Two (2) PS3 and/or portable systems

• For Video Content - One (1) PS3 and up to Three (3) portable systems

If you exceed this amount, you will need to deactivate a system before the new one can be used to download content. You must also have the system with you in order to activate or deactivate it.

Message 2 of 3 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Re: Some PSP Games still have 5 activated system limit

Feb 6, 2013

I want to say that I completely understand this. Also I have tested it with my 2 psp's and my PS vita system. As well as I read the info at the bottom of the games being sold on the PSN store. However it clearly states at the bottom of the page info for Resistance: Retribution that the game can be activated on up to 5 systems.

I have about 10 PSP games that I bought before the policy change on the PSN store. And from what I learned from trial and error is that If I copy the games that I bought before the policy change to my 3 systems, they all work fine. If I try to copy the games I own that were purchased after the policy change on to a third system, I get a notice that says I have exceeded the maximum system allowed for this game. Further more If I deactivate one system then add the game to the third system, it works fine but I cannot reactivate the the system that was deactivated unless I complete a full system restore. Where after I am able to use all 3 systems, just I can only play the games that where purchased before the policy change.

As an example I have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Socom FTB 3 that I bought before the policy change so I can play on all 3 systems. However Madden 12 and MLB 2k12 will only allow me to play on 2 system.

If Resistance is still able to play on up to 5 systems as the PSN store claims it is than I am down for purchasing it. However if sony will not honor that because the current policy states that only 2 portable systems can run the activated game on one account, than I am going to want to spend my money on another game. I just do not want to buy now and pay for there error later if the game info in fact is not as it says on the store page. That would mean they should fix it.

Message 3 of 3 (34 Views)
0 Likes