Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Re: [Solution] SOCOM 4 1.05 Patch Download Errors

Sep 30, 2012
Didn't work at all stuck on trying to contact server at the last part of the patch
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 82 (18,536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Thanks for the instructions. I finally got it to work, but it was a frustrating experience. The trick is to skip the "signon to the PS network" after the game starts. Hit circle again, then go to online play, and signon at that point.  They chocked on the roll-out of the update, that's for sure.  Pretty poor  Quality Control.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 82 (18,514 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Oct 5, 2012

hey...

so ive had to uninstall and reinstall the game a few times in order for it to let me play online, those times it worked fine by doing what it said on this thread, now the only update it gives me is the 45mb one and then says "the game data is incompatible"  and then i'm stuck.

i've tried to delete the game data so many times and trying again and again, and same thing!

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 82 (18,496 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Holy Hay Zues bro, thats worse than my issue. I finally got it to work but i had to uninstall and reinstall so many times it was sickening, but  I have to admit the game is good. Multi player is classic fun although I dont know if I would dump 10 bucks on maps that barely anyone are playing right now.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 82 (18,480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

im gona kill somone... ive been trying to reinstall for days now and i cant get passed the ******* 45mb update

i did it before many times, what the hell am i doing wrong???

Edit: profanity

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 82 (18,469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

****** A!

all this time.... just wana put out finally figured out how to pass the ""Your game data is incompatible with this version of the game. Please sign into the Playstation Network and complete the patching process" part...

you just gata keep pressing x till the thing starts the long update

Edit: profanity

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 82 (18,466 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Thanks vickers500 for the step by step, you saved my sanity!  Or what ever is left!

(Re: [Solution] SOCOM 4 1.05 Patch Download Errors - message 16 of 24)

Until I found your solution, kept getting updates screen (nothing else!) and then every update froze at 98% or 96% or 47%.  One time we let the update run uninterrupted for about 2 hours, still never finished.  Especially frustrating when every other game starts right up.

Wuz pretty stoopid, didn't delete game data before I started, so I banged my head against the wall a couple of more times, before I got smart and wandered over the game data utility and deleted the original load.  After that, followed your directions step by step and worked perfectly.

Really tough to ignore all the directions telling you to do this and that, just kept poppin' that circle button until I finally got to the SOCOM4 main menu and quit w/ Playstation button.  Darn surprised after restart, when I got the "Update to 1.05" screen, but selected "OK", and let it quickly update. Download and install went very smooth, in about 5 or 6 minutes.  Looked like I could have just let the game go when it hit the "Checking for updates" screen, but I committed to following your process, so I quit again, using the Playstation button.

When I restarted the game, game went immediately went to the update screen, (just like it had been before, only to freeze!) but this time all four updates downloaded and installed without stalling or freezing.  The downloads took about 10 minutes (on a broadband wireless @ 9.5Mbps) and the install took about another 10 minutes.  I didn't even have to hold my breath while I quit and restarted the game, and started playing.

Until I found your discussion, we had been struggling for several hours over a few days on how to make SOCOM4 work.  There seems to be a lot of "voodoo" out there on how to fix this problem, but we are very pleased with the results of following your process.  It works perfectly!  Kudos to you.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 82 (18,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I'm not able to get the game to start on my PS3. It asked me to update and I did before I read this thread. Now it starts to receive updates and gets close to the end and get frozen. Is their a  way to by pass this in order to get the game to load.:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 82 (18,219 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Dec 5, 2012

SheeckNitty wrote:

I'm not able to get the game to start on my PS3. It asked me to update and I did before I read this thread. Now it starts to receive updates and gets close to the end and get frozen. Is their a  way to by pass this in order to get the game to load.:smileymad:

delete whatever data you have on your ps3 and start over, when it asks you to update hit circle.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 82 (18,216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 16, 2012

that was driving me crazy thanks alot bro PEACE

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 82 (18,154 Views)
0 Likes