Dec 18 2012
By: woodeater First Son 2 posts

Software upgrades please.

16 replies 255 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Imagine a vita that is like your smart-phone or tablet. Display realizing from horizontal to vertical. a siri like voice app. Text to voice or voice to text. Adobe flash player software update for the browser. Get rid of the little things holding the vita back from what it could be, one great portable machine that at least tries to compete with the tablets and smart phones of this day and time. Allow direct posting of videos recorded on the vita to youtube or facebook. I know there are lame APPS out there for smart-phones and tablets like the star maps and such but at least give the vita the cool software updates and APPS and people may buy the system. Please like this comment to support the vita we all want, one that competes with smart phones and tablets while still keeping its purpose as a gaming machine. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Software upgrades please.

Dec 18, 2012

Please. Keep VITA original. c;

Message 2 of 17 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I bought my PSV to play games, not to pretend it's a smartphone. Do I want a better UI? Sure, but that's as far as I want it to go off its way. If you want Siri like apps, vocie to text, flash player for the browser, etc, etc, buy an iPhone~.
Message 3 of 17 (232 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Dec 18, 2012
No thanks
Message 4 of 17 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Dec 18, 2012
BOOOOOOO I already have an iPhone 5 for that buddy.
Message 5 of 17 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Sony Xperia Ion sounds like that.. Pretty sure Sony has plenty of tablets also and even Windows 8 tablets. So what you are asking for practically already has existed for quite some time now.

The Vita is a dedicated gaming device is what many people don't understand and appear to be truly forgetting what the word dedicated gaming means in general.. (means it's meant for mainly games).. repeating myself but as I said with the Vita everything else is a bonus at that point.

Sure it already has plenty of smart phone and tablet like characteristic but above all else I want it to focus on gaming which it does and for me and I think for anyone buying a gaming machine, that is all one should care about. I just don't get why people want everything to be exactly the same, technology is so boring now-a-days truly is.

It just honestly makes no sense to me because chances are you probably already own a tablet and a smart phone.. I mean is that not enough? Everything has to be a tablet or a smart phone..? Sorry to come off as rude as you weren't doing anything that bad but I just don't really like how society all thinks the way you practically do, that is why everything right now is practically sadly the same, nothing to set it apart and everyone is fighting for their life right now as far as electronics are concerned.

Just too much crap that all is trying to be the exact same thing...

Message 6 of 17 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Dec 18, 2012

The Vita.

Is a Portable Gaming System.

Not a Smartphone. Not a tablet.

Not an Electric screwdriver.

A game system. To play games. Portable games. Triple A Playstation Portable Games.

Its not there to compeate with smart devices. Its there to do what it should do best and why we spent $250 + tax for it.
 A media player and browser functionality were already enough to begin with, Netflix and Youtube, sure. Facebook and Twitter, I guess.

But its not going to stop there.

The Vita needs an identity of its own, that means its OWN developed apps by Sony or equal Third Party devs and such.

Message 7 of 17 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2033 posts

Dec 18, 2012

yapyap898 have you not noticed that what you say is not working so far. And mabe if they tryed other suggestions that mabe it would work.

Message 8 of 17 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 18, 2012

This is a gaming handheld, and it works just fine.  All it needs is more games, which will come with time.  And as of right now, I think the UI is perfectly fine.  Different from say the PSP or PS3, but I don't see anything that is wrong with it.  It is fast, responsive, and WORKS.  The only thing that I would like to have is larger memory card formats.  I only have about 8gigs left on my 32gig card.  Its filling up fast lol.

MHFU- HR6
Message 9 of 17 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Dec 18, 2012
ok first off the vita is a game system not a tablet. second it already has messaging and email. be satisfied.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 10 of 17 (135 Views)
0 Likes