Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1159 posts

Re: Software upgrades please.

Dec 18, 2012

By be satisfied do you mean do not wish for anything else other than what we have on the vita right now? So you don,t hope that it is any better than it is? No hope for any other apps or programs in the future? Isn't the only way to know what people want to better the vita with is to listen to peoples likes and dislikes? Be satisfied and leave it like it is with no progress because it can't get any better? Do you think that is best for the vita and sells of it to make it grow faster each month? Intresting to say the lest.

Message 11 of 17 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

yapyap898 wrote:

The Vita.

Is a Portable Gaming System.

Not a Smartphone. Not a tablet.

Not an Electric screwdriver.

A game system. To play games. Portable games. Triple A Playstation Portable Games.

Its not there to compeate with smart devices. Its there to do what it should do best and why we spent $250 + tax for it.
 A media player and browser functionality were already enough to begin with, Netflix and Youtube, sure. Facebook and Twitter, I guess.

But its not going to stop there.

The Vita needs an identity of its own, that means its OWN developed apps by Sony or equal Third Party devs and such.

And with today's changing market, it won't hurt that much... far from it actually.

But to be honest, Sony's pretty steady with improving the VITA's "outside games" software support.. I just hope they keep doing that as well as the support for more core games.

Asking for flash support is unrealistic IMO, even google's slowly trying to drop that. I hear HTML 5 is where its at.

Message 12 of 17 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Dec 19, 2012

woodeater wrote:

Imagine a vita that is like your smart-phone or tablet. Display realizing from horizontal to vertical. a siri like voice app. Text to voice or voice to text. Adobe flash player software update for the browser. Get rid of the little things holding the vita back from what it could be, one great portable machine that at least tries to compete with the tablets and smart phones of this day and time. Allow direct posting of videos recorded on the vita to youtube or facebook. I know there are lame APPS out there for smart-phones and tablets like the star maps and such but at least give the vita the cool software updates and APPS and people may buy the system. Please like this comment to support the vita we all want, one that competes with smart phones and tablets while still keeping its purpose as a gaming machine. :smileyhappy:

Adobe has dropped support for mobile devices, so it wasn't Sonys decision to not use it. Also the Vita is not a smart phone or tablet, it is strictly a gameing device.

Message 13 of 17 (52 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I bought a Vita for gaming. Why would I want it to imitate a smart phone for? No offense to ya but if I wanted a smart phone, I'd buy one. I'd rather see the Vita used for real games, not those half app games.

Message 14 of 17 (51 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Dec 19, 2012

fantasyplayer wrote:

By be satisfied do you mean do not wish for anything else other than what we have on the vita right now? So you don,t hope that it is any better than it is? No hope for any other apps or programs in the future? Isn't the only way to know what people want to better the vita with is to listen to peoples likes and dislikes? Be satisfied and leave it like it is with no progress because it can't get any better? Do you think that is best for the vita and sells of it to make it grow faster each month? Intresting to say the lest.

There is a difference between improving the system and having it pretend to be something else. Making it more like a phone is not an improvement. At least not in my personal opinion.

Message 15 of 17 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Dec 19, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

fantasyplayer wrote:

There is a difference between improving the system and having it pretend to be something else. Making it more like a phone is not an improvement. At least not in my personal opinion.

^

Message 16 of 17 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1159 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I am just trying to think of it from a selling to everybody point of view. Because we all know if sales would go through the roof then the AAA game companys could not ignore it then. They would want a peice of the profits too. Right now they are on the fence. Or just looking at it from the other side. It is a shame too because the vita is strong enough to play some real good high doller games. It is hard for us gamers to carry the load lately. We have been getting less in numbers in the last few years. So many other adult toys to play with now days.

Message 17 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes