MVP Support
39135 posts

Re: So worth it!

Feb 19, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

PLUS is not mandatory.  Those who bought it and are now disappointed, are those who did not research it before paying.

Little tip here; if you intend to buy anything, be informed about it first.  Make sure it is something you will use, and find use of.  Don't go blindly into something, and then complain when it is not what you imagined it to be.

Research, review, then make an informed decision.  Only after you have the information, will you be absolutely sure you will like something.  Buyers regret is a personal thing, and not the responsibility of the provider.

Moble

Sorry but I'm going to disagree with that first highlighted statement moble, but don't worry, it's only slightly lol.

First things first, apologies to that person who hates me saying what I'm about to say, Gunz is it, I forget now, sorry if it's not you, if it is, well I'm going to say it again..!!

I've been a Plus Subscriber since day one, we knew little about Plus at that point & took a chance that it would pay off, it has, it did, in spades actually, & Plus is still worth the $50.00 a year price, but there was little research we could have done during the infancy of such a service & to an extent we had to go in a little blindly, but as early adopters that's a risk you take.

As for those purchasing it now, I agree, find out all you can about it before making that purchase, it's not the same but the principle is, we spent a number of weeks going back & forth before we choose which TV to spend $2,000 of our hard-earned money on last year, yes $50.00 is no where near $2,000, but as I said the principle is.

Now that Plus has been out for a few years I'm becoming a little disenfranchised with it, is it still worth the $50.00?, 100%, it's just that I think some of the more recent updates have been somewhat lackluster in their content, nothing for me kind of thing.

But yes, moble is correct, research & review, ALWAYS, by that I mean moble isn't always corrrect, his point was Smiley Tongue.

On a side note there was an article in a British newspaper today that reminds me slightly of moble's point above, it stated that 31% of motorists had regretted buying their last car, blaming themselves mostly for not researching the vehicle enough.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 11 of 14 (59 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Great clarification BRIT.

I was a long time hold out on PLUS.  It did not seem worth the money to me in its infancy.  With your help and my own research, this year, I found it actually worth the $50, finally.

I agree with you BRIT on many things, and especially on the most recent updates.  Starting with King of the Fighter XIII or what ever number it was, it just wasn't for me.  As well I had no desire to play Scott Pilgrim either.  I always glance over the offerings, and wait for those gems to appear.

We could always perpetuate the argument of who gets better games, the US or the EU, but it is semantics at the end of the day.  

Waiting a couple of months through mediocre releases, makes that one good game all the more worth it.  This being said, the $50 comes back again and again at least every few months within the year subscription.

Oh, and yeah, I can be wrong from time to time.  I believe I am right about 99.8% of the time though.  0.02% error marginSmiley Tongue

Smiley Very Happy

Moble

Message 12 of 14 (57 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I also love ps plus! I was able to huy lbp karting for 10$ during the 13 for 13 sale.
Message 13 of 14 (46 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Feb 20, 2013

SabenX wrote:
I also love ps plus! I was able to huy lbp karting for 10$ during the 13 for 13 sale.

$10.00, that should have been the release price!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 14 of 14 (39 Views)
0 Likes