Dec 13 2012
By: GuNz_52 Treasure Hunter 8828 posts

So...when is the AT&T exclusive ending?

4 replies 176 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

I am a Verizion customer, and I would love to buy a Vita, but I am NOT getting a second mobile data contract just for the Vita.

Has Sony said anything about pulling the AT&T exclusive for the 3G models? When is a 4G coming?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5 (176 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Re: So...when is the AT&T exclusive ending?

Dec 13, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

I am a Verizion customer, and I would love to buy a Vita, but I am NOT getting a second mobile data contract just for the Vita.

Has Sony said anything about pulling the AT&T exclusive for the 3G models? When is a 4G coming?

Haven't said anything, no.

As for 4G, doubtful. Considering how poor the 3G Vita did, I doubt they'd do a full remodel just to add 4G. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8828 posts

Dec 13, 2012
That's unfortunate.

I didn't see anything, but some people around here are more informed. So I wanted to ask.

Thanks.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Dec 13, 2012

I bought a 3g bundle on release day because it was only like 20 dollars more than the regular model with the other stuff that I wanted if I bought them seperatly. I bought it incase one day they improve on what it can do over 3g or if they ever let me buy time with verizon. So far even if they did let me get time w/ verizon I wouldn't get it. It's pretty much useless and the price is still high. Just get a wifi model I would say. 

On a side note can you even play games over 3g yet?

Message 4 of 5 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 13, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

IMO the reason Sony went with at&t is that they use the GSM standard that is used worldwide, Verizon uses CDMA which I believe is just used in the US. For manufacturing efficentcy Sony just wants to make one version of the 3G Vita. This is likely the same reason Apple chose at&t as the first carrier of the iPhone...

Message 5 of 5 (111 Views)
0 Likes