Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Re: So whats the best ps4 announcement you heard/read?

Aug 27, 2013

they had me at no DRM or 24hr check ins.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 21 of 40 (188 Views)
MVP Support
6030 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

November 15th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/25/playstation-blogcast-086-remember-remember-the-15th-of-nov...

I didn't post twice; check the time stamp. It must have glitched.

Yeah, looks like a glitch, I was just kidding after all, just always wanted to use that jpg... saw the opportunity and ran for it...lol

Message 22 of 40 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Aug 27, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

they had me at no DRM or 24hr check ins.

This was another reason. When I first heard your console would have to check in every 24 hours to even play your games on XB1 (btw you don't now for anyone that's wondering, don't want to spread untruths), I was like, "Are you kidding me. I'm not grabbing one at all."

We've had times where we did without internet and cable, and we had our consoles and movie marathons (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, LotR, etc...) to keep us busy. Yeah, I know I could just have played an older system, but I didn't like the idea that I couldn't enjoy the newer generation of games.

Message 23 of 40 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3683 posts

Aug 27, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

November 15th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/25/playstation-blogcast-086-remember-remember-the-15th-of-nov...

I didn't post twice; check the time stamp. It must have glitched.

Yeah, looks like a glitch, I was just kidding after all, just always wanted to use that jpg... saw the opportunity and ran for it...lol

you rascal! Seriously, I'm probably most excited for a game that I was not planning to buy at launch and that is Killzone. I downloaded a direct feed at 1080p/60fps and the videos we have seen so far do not give the game justice. I also like how we will be able to create different scenarios and then share them. This game is a beast!

Message 24 of 40 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Heh.

It's a games console. I'm buying it for the games, nothing else. But I guess since it's linked to the games somewhat. the new friends list is nice.

I would have to lower the tone a little though, I'm disappointed by the recording feature. Needs an extra 5-10 minutes. 15 is not enough. and we know very little about it, does it go direct to Hard Drive storage? Does it force you to store it online somewhere immediately? If they can't higher the time limit they need to allow PVR's to record. Then again.. I don't even know if thats true. I heard it had protection though to block PVR's because of movie streaming services.

Message 25 of 40 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Aug 27, 2013

The best announcement I heard...........

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PREORDER YOUR PS4 WILL BE HERE AT MIDNIGHT LAUNCH DAY!!!!!!!!!

Get your Portable ID!
PSN ID: Uncle-Remus
1TB PS4 250gb PS3
PS Vita

Get your Portable ID!
Message 26 of 40 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Heh.

It's a games console. I'm buying it for the games, nothing else. But I guess since it's linked to the games somewhat. the new friends list is nice.

I would have to lower the tone a little though, I'm disappointed by the recording feature. Needs an extra 5-10 minutes. 15 is not enough. and we know very little about it, does it go direct to Hard Drive storage? Does it force you to store it online somewhere immediately? If they can't higher the time limit they need to allow PVR's to record. Then again.. I don't even know if thats true. I heard it had protection though to block PVR's because of movie streaming services.

Link from the everything we know about the PS4 thread.

From the link:

While we knew that the PS4 would automatically record the last fifteen minutes of whatever you’re playing – so that you won’t miss out on any amazing moments you wanted to rewatch – we weren’t sure of just how long you could record manually for.

It appears that you’re only limited by the size of your hard drive, according to a commenter on a Kotaku article, as found by NeoGAF. He’s apparently working at a studio developing PS4 games and says that, as long as you’re actively recording or streaming, “you’re virtually unlimited” in regard to how long you can record for.

So from what I'm reading the PS4 will automatically record and save 15 minutes without our permission, and if we decide to hit record, it will do so as long as there is HDD space available. Hope this helps.

Message 27 of 40 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7153 posts

Aug 27, 2013

positive_emotion wrote:
Thats great!! Now i know im not the only old guy who plays video games Smiley Happy

You wouldn't believe how many of us old guys there are! LOL 43 here!

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 28 of 40 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7153 posts

Aug 27, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Heh.

Link from the everything we know about the PS4 thread.

From the link:

While we knew that the PS4 would automatically record the last fifteen minutes of whatever you’re playing – so that you won’t miss out on any amazing moments you wanted to rewatch – we weren’t sure of just how long you could record manually for.

It appears that you’re only limited by the size of your hard drive, according to a commenter on a Kotaku article, as found by NeoGAF. He’s apparently working at a studio developing PS4 games and says that, as long as you’re actively recording or streaming, “you’re virtually unlimited” in regard to how long you can record for.

So from what I'm reading the PS4 will automatically record and save 15 minutes without our permission, and if we decide to hit record, it will do so as long as there is HDD space available. Hope this helps.

I wonder if they will allow recording to an external USB? Now THAT would be an awesome announcement! I have 3 or 4 1TBs that I could use.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 29 of 40 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Pretty much Everything so far.

The Old Guy's club. i'm 43 also, I mean a level 43.Smiley Very Happy

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 30 of 40 (149 Views)
0 Likes