Treasure Hunter
7124 posts

Re: So what will Sony do to cheaters, modders, jailbreakers, ect.?

Aug 9, 2013

threadysparrow wrote:

Microsoft bans the console until 9999 A.D., by which time the cheaters and modders will be able to get back on again.

But I never found out what Sony does to cheaters and hackers on PS3. I am coming to PS4 from Xbox 360 so my PS3 cheating knowledge is not up to par. I want to know if my investment in its multiplayer (i.e. PS+) is going to be worth it or if I am just going to have to deal with autoaim and invincibility like the old days of Halo 2.

if it really serious  sony  send the fbi  to  your home and have you arrested. They have a sercurity  team. No one  actually know  how they  work.. But they do get dam results.. The   cheif of it came ps blog  i think twice to update  everybody.. But lost year alone  i read 3 people got arrest for hacking ( i think more than that went un heard). i dont how many banned or suspended. they   dont releases that info.. but  i know some kind guy  killed himself  becuase sony  and  others was taking  him to jail for  hacking and modding  on the ps3.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 11 of 19 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Aug 9, 2013

X_r3ds4mur4i_X wrote:

they will do nothing 

Based on what?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 12 of 19 (156 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Aug 9, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

threadysparrow wrote:

Microsoft bans the console until 9999 A.D., by which time the cheaters and modders will be able to get back on again.

But I never found out what Sony does to cheaters and hackers on PS3. I am coming to PS4 from Xbox 360 so my PS3 cheating knowledge is not up to par. I want to know if my investment in its multiplayer (i.e. PS+) is going to be worth it or if I am just going to have to deal with autoaim and invincibility like the old days of Halo 2.

if it really serious  sony  send the fbi  to  your home and have you arrested. They have a sercurity  team. No one  actually know  how they  work.. But they do get dam results.. The   cheif of it came ps blog  i think twice to update  everybody.. But lost year alone  i read 3 people got arrest for hacking ( i think more than that went un heard). i dont how many banned or suspended. they   dont releases that info.. but  i know some kind guy  killed himself  becuase sony  and  others was taking  him to jail for  hacking and modding  on the ps3.

I think you left your tin-foil hat somewhere.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 19 (155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 9, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Define "really serious".

CoD Safe

Grindhead_Jim

Message 14 of 19 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Aug 9, 2013
You shouln't worry unless you plan on doing bad yourself. (IMO)
This isn't Halo or COD, got play better games.
Message 15 of 19 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Well I am not worrying for my sake, I am worried because I want there to be penalties for this stuff because when I buy the PS4 and go online with it, I want to be safe and I don't want to have to deal with BF4 modders and crap

Message 16 of 19 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7596 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Actually I do remember something about some that tried to hack or did access the Sony Network getting arrested a little while ago. I don't think any of them committed suicide though.

IF someone breached the Sony network it is a federal offense so the FBI would be involved. This goes for any major corporation where their network is hacked from someone outside their state. If the corporation has many locations in different states and/or countries, which most bigger companies do, it is automatically a federal offense. So again the FBI would be involved. In all honesty if someone tried to hack my network I would contact authorities too. In my position I have to at work, I have notified several breach attempts from China IP addresses. If you knew how to read your routers log, if it was enabled, I bet you have been probed by those same IP addresses. I see it every day.

I fully expect Sony or any other company to contact the FBI if someone breached their network. Wouldn't you?

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 17 of 19 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jun 22, 2014
I've all but stopped playing online, the cheating and modding has gotten out of control. What happened to private matches and being able to kick players. I miss the old days of being able to create your own lobbies and invite who you want. All you modders have destroyed the online game exspierence for all of us that would like to keep it real. Why can't Sony make private matches available again. So if your a modder and or a cheater I have some questions for you,what do you get out of cheating? And do you know your killing online gaming for a lot of us? Keep it real kids please cheating doesn't make you a winner it makes you a sissy.
Message 18 of 19 (61 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29411 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

threadysparrow wrote:

I think you left your tin-foil hat somewhere.

Bart Tin Foil

They're everywhere man!

Mod Edit: This is an old thread and is now closed. Please check dates before posting.
Check here for more information.
Thanks! lovely1rainbow

Message 19 of 19 (59 Views)
0 Likes