Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Re: So what is the real harddrive limit for the ps3?

Aug 2, 2009

Nolan wrote:
If you search the support area of this site, they say 250gb is the max size the ps3 will register, but i've heard from others on the forum that they used a 320gb.

people(on these boards) have been using 320s and 500s for quite some time now...I've had a 320 for months; I have seens up to 1.5TB used.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 21 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 11, 2011

I put in a 750GB Western Digital Blue Scorpion 5400RPM that work perfectly in my Fat 80GB MotorStorm PS3 that work until my system had either motherboard or bluray drive issues. So i just bought a Slim and it won't work tried everything data transfered everything to the 160GB and tried to swap hard drives and that didn't work and it won't read it but reads 160GB

Message 22 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24477 posts

Nov 11, 2011

Kingman55 wrote:

I put in a 750GB Western Digital Blue Scorpion 5400RPM that work perfectly in my Fat 80GB MotorStorm PS3 that work until my system had either motherboard or bluray drive issues. So i just bought a Slim and it won't work tried everything data transfered everything to the 160GB and tried to swap hard drives and that didn't work and it won't read it but reads 160GB

Good story. One question. Why do newbies always seek out and resurrect old threads?

Message 23 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Nov 11, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

Kingman55 wrote:

Good story. One question. Why do newbies always seek out and resurrect old threads?

Photobucket

It's probably due to the fact that since the PS3 came down in price, there is an influx of fresh, new users who are enthusiastic about their new system and would like to become more involved in the forums and learn things that they wouldn't know.

Most of the veteran community members are more than happy to continue to give advice aand tips in these 'old'  threads and it's a good thing.  It's why they're still up.

Photobucket

Message 24 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24477 posts

Nov 11, 2011

MistaSpin wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Kingman55 wrote:

Photobucket

It's probably due to the fact that since the PS3 came down in price, there is an influx of fresh, new users who are enthusiastic about their new system and would like to become more involved in the forums and learn things that they wouldn't know.

Most of the veteran community members are more than happy to continue to give advice aand tips in these 'old'  threads and it's a good thing.  It's why they're still up.

I feel properly chastised for not being more welcoming. When they resurrect an old thread with a question I do try to help. When they do it trying to answer a question from years ago I guess I forget I was new once too and probably didn't check the date last posted either.

Message 25 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Nov 12, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

MistaSpin wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Kingman55 wrote:

Photobucket

I feel properly chastised for not being more welcoming. When they resurrect an old thread with a question I do try to help. When they do it trying to answer a question from years ago I guess I forget I was new once too and probably didn't check the date last posted either.

Photobucket

Aww,  it's all good ne1,  I did not mean to come across as a bad kindergarten teacher.  lol

Just meant to remind everyone how useful these forums can be no matter how old the posts.

Photobucket

Message 26 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 12, 2011

I know this will be old question but i have came across these message board before and like the advice they gave people but my situation is that i have purchased all the new games for this month and my older Fat PS3 is on it last leg and i want to just transfer my 750GB hard drive from the fat to slim and it wont even format it on the slim. No one ever answer my question here. i did all these upgrades two and half years ago and now system is about to die.

Message 27 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24477 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Not sure I understand you correctly but if you're trying to transfer data it's probably easiest by connecting both systems with an ethernet cable and using the data transfer utility.

Message 28 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Fix it i missed a step in the formating process for new hard drives for the slim since i had the Fat PS3 so long

Message 29 of 29 (19 Views)
0 Likes