Jul 03 2010
By: Fisherer First Son 20 posts

So what do we get to keep?

12 replies 302 views Edited Jul 3, 2010

I just wanted to know if I do get playstation + then if I download all the free stuff do I get to keep it forever or once I cancel the playstation + will I lose everything?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4638 posts

Re: So what do we get to keep?

Jul 3, 2010

Per the blog:

Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many of these will be exclusive to members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1531 posts

Jul 4, 2010

Long story short:

Anything you purchase at a discount in Playstation+ will be yours to keep forever (Full games and add on content ).

Full games that are completely free for PS+ Members, like Wipeout HD and Age of Zombies this month, are only yours as long as you keep your subscription active. So if your subscription lapses, you would either have to purchase the full games, or re-subscribe to PS+ to play that content again.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Jul 4, 2010

Also, apparently game add-ons that normally cost money, but are given away for free are a part of the subscription sensitive.

I.e. the first month, all of the add-ons for magic orb are given free, but when you go to dl them, it gives you the text about it's yours as long as you're a playstation+ subscriber.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 4, 2010

So it means that when you get a few free games from PSM+ you'll want to stay subscribed forever to keep them all lol

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jul 4, 2010

Thank you guys for clearing that up. I was thinking about purchasing Playstation Plus, buts to me it doesn't really seem like a great deal. I mean, sure you get discounts on games, add-on, etc... but they end up going down in price eventually. I also read that the free games you download, once your subscription ends, it will ask you to re-new your subscription or you won't be able to play that game. You SHOULD be able to keep that game as a gift for subscribing Playstation Plus even if you don't re-new. I mean, other than getting into beta games, I really don't see any other exclusive reason why I should switch to plus. Maybe im misinformed... any comments?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 4, 2010

I agree, you should be able to keep everything wether you continue the subscription or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
933 posts

Jul 4, 2010

i downloaded destruction derby for my psp,now if i cancelled plus,how the hell does my psp know it cant play it no more lol.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11498 posts

Jul 4, 2010

FLiP_416 wrote:

Thank you guys for clearing that up. I was thinking about purchasing Playstation Plus, buts to me it doesn't really seem like a great deal. I mean, sure you get discounts on games, add-on, etc... but they end up going down in price eventually. I also read that the free games you download, once your subscription ends, it will ask you to re-new your subscription or you won't be able to play that game. You SHOULD be able to keep that game as a gift for subscribing Playstation Plus even if you don't re-new. I mean, other than getting into beta games, I really don't see any other exclusive reason why I should switch to plus. Maybe im misinformed... any comments?

I agree, this is probably the biggest thing holding me back from subscribing to PS+, it just seems like a rip to me.

LastShot-
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7479 posts

Jul 4, 2010

v6probe wrote:

i downloaded destruction derby for my psp,now if i cancelled plus,how the hell does my psp know it cant play it no more lol.

Because it has an expiration date.  It won't be usable after your subscription end date.  After your current subscription ends, you'll need to resync it with your PS3 when you renew the subscription to renew the license.

Destiny Beta: Abbarrax
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (302 Views)