Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: So no new games this week OR the next week?

Oct 28, 2012
Look up a book called "The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less". Also small group studies in colleges show people with more options turn out to be less content. More people end up questioning or regretting their choice. It's better that they pick the game selection for us, and I hope it stays that way.
Message 31 of 44 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Small groups of people doesn't represent the entire 7 billion of us.

Message 32 of 44 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 28, 2012
7 Billion people don't represent the few hundred million people that own PS3's. Nice try buddy.
Message 33 of 44 (149 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 28, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:
7 Billion people don't represent the few hundred million people that own PS3's. Nice try buddy.

I never said it represented the PS3 community you goof, I was pointing out that the study you said was tested on small groups doesn't represent the 7 billion people who live on this planet.

Any study, if not tested on everyone, can't guess what someone likes or dislikes 100 percent.

Message 34 of 44 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Lol. You obviously don't think things through. The study doesn't represent 7 billion people, would thay make any sense? Someone with the slightest bit of intellegence would say no. It represents people in the United States, the country with more available choice than any other in history. That's nearly 400 million people. Stay in school kid.
Message 35 of 44 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:
Lol. You obviously don't think things through. The study doesn't represent 7 billion people, would thay make any sense? Someone with the slightest bit of intellegence would say no. It represents people in the United States, the country with more available choice than any other in history. That's nearly 400 million people. Stay in school kid.

You're telling me to go to school? You can't even spell intelligence right you goof, now stay on topic.

And also, you contradicted yourself, the study represents only americans like you said, so why does that study represent psn players? I doubt that americans are the mass majority of psn players.

Message 36 of 44 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

Yet you can't capitalize "Americans", we can go back and forth through every post. And what the hell is a goof? You try to insult someone with a word like "goof", now that's a good joke kid.

Haha, again? The study represented "people" (broad) in the United States. I never said it represented PSN users, it pertains to the idea of voting for the game of your choice which just happens to involve PSN users. It's simple bits of information, theories, and studies to back up my opinion that the service should continue to operate the way it has. You feel differently, that's fine, but I'll be near certain they wont opt for operating the IGC under a voting system. You thought Sony was catching heat now regarding Plus titles? You wouldn't have seen the half of it.

Message 37 of 44 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 29, 2012
I was thinking that a potential problem with a voting system is that publishers kind enough to allow for a game to be included as a free download, might be insulted if their game isn't voted in and not support the PS+ program in the future.

I think it is better just to provide feedback to Sony (via the PS Blog) on the game selections, and they can take the aggregate of that feedback to help shape the future of the program.
Message 38 of 44 (100 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I was thinking that a potential problem with a voting system is that publishers kind enough to allow for a game to be included as a free download, might be insulted if their game isn't voted in and not support the PS+ program in the future.

I think it is better just to provide feedback to Sony (via the PS Blog) on the game selections, and they can take the aggregate of that feedback to help shape the future of the program.

On top of that, what would be the amount of games we'd get to choose from? 3 out of 6? 3 out 5? If they had options like that I believe they would've refrained from giving us 2D Side Scrollers like Outland and Bloodrayne one month, then do the same thing the following month with Scott Pilgram and DD: Neon. 

Message 39 of 44 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 29, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

On top of that, what would be the amount of games we'd get to choose from? 3 out of 6? 3 out 5? If they had options like that I believe they would've refrained from giving us 2D Side Scrollers like Outland and Bloodrayne one month, then do the same thing the following month with Scott Pilgram and DD: Neon. 

I think if there is any voting, it probably should be limited to gaming genres, rather than specific games. That way Sony would have a better perspective on what the PS+ community likes...

Message 40 of 44 (90 Views)
0 Likes