Oct 23 2012
By: Sukhijay Splicer 50 posts

So no new games this week OR the next week?

43 replies 543 views Edited Oct 23, 2012

So what did I pay for when your so called "a free game per week" fails, for two weeks?

Not only that, but the content Americans and Canadians got this month is a slap to our face when Europeans gamers got more then they hoped for.

Let me guess, next week we'll get a FREE AND EXCLUSIVE DEMO OF AC3 right? While European gamers get Battlefield 3 with all the DLC for free. 

What a rip off. And before any one starts saying that I should be grateful for what I got, I don't care, why? because when I got PS PLUS it was for the belief that I would get 4 (relevent) games a month for free. Not some cheap $1 NFL rip off no gives a S for.

Message 1 of 44 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: So no new games this week OR the next week?

Oct 23, 2012

Never has it been said by anyone in the media or otherwise that PlayStation Plus would be dishing out four new freebies to members per month. Up to this point the case has been from July through October that three free games would be rotated out and in from the Instant Game Collection. You know that rather sizeable wall of handouts when you click on the Plus folder? That's it.

If you're dissatisfied with your Plus experience you always have the option to leave your automatic renewal function on the PlayStation 3 switched to off. That way you won't be getting benefits after your subscription terminates. Of course, while you still are a Plus member, you could try to see if there is anything at all that provides improvement to your idea of what kind of games Plus should have.

The thing is we'll never fully know what's coming to Plus down the line until the announcement is made just before it happens. Some months there may be little or nothing you'll like. Other times Plus may have another reason that you'll want to befriend it. Only time will tell what we'll be sticking our silverware into during the month of November.

Message 2 of 44 (538 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I agree 100% with GrayGargoyle, nowhere has it been said that there would be a free game each and every week. So if you thought this, then you made a massive incorrect assumption. Actually no specific claims were made on this subject, other than games would be "rotated on a regular basis".

Since PS+ was relaunched, on average we have gotten 3 new games a month, sometimes there may be more when some of the longer running older titles rotate out.

Like you stated you were operating on the "belief" that PS+ would get 4 games a month. However it you took the time and did some simple research, you could have managed your expectations...
Message 3 of 44 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4465 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

This really bothers me when people get upset that they dont get a free game every week. They said you would get 3 new games a month. People complained that when they brought all 3 out at the start of the month that there was nothing the rest of the month. Now that they spread them out people still complain. Do some research on what you subscribe to before signing up for it.

And where did you get 4 games a month from? please give me a link because plus members were never promised that.

Message 4 of 44 (456 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 24, 2012
It is not stated in the FAQ anywhere about 4 (or 3) guaranteed games per month. Just "games", which I interpret as at least 2.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2034
Message 5 of 44 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Oct 25, 2012
The games are lame except for Blitz.

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 6 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I would have to say, in the one month I have had PLUS, I have already recouped the $50.00 year subscription.

Granted; I did not previously have Borderlands or Infamous 2, but I feel with these titles alone, I have gotten a lot for the money.  Additionally; I have also received plenty of free add ons, that I might not have bought but will take for free, that would have equaled a pretty fair mount of out of pocket money.

The service is there for the occasional perk and discounts on games.  I think I fare better than most because I do not buy a lot of titles.  This way, when a game that others have already bought becomes available for free, or at a discount, it is beneficial to me.

I held off buying into PLUS for a long time, because I did not see the point.  Some members here in the Forum gave me the talking points about the service.  I did a little reading on my own and then I made my own informed decision.

If I buy something, it is usually after I have researched it, pros and cons.  If anyone is dissatisfied with PLUS, then they need only to not pay more money when their subscription ends.

I think Blitz is OK, and I am glad it was free.  I would not have bought it, but I will certainly take it for free.  

As far as how many games are given away each month, I am not concerned.  I am sure over the course of the year, the service will make up for it.  I certainly don't expect big, newer names to come out for free.  While these games still rake in good money at the stores, I don't expect Sony to just give them away, even to PLUS members.  

If anyone wants the titles released to the UK, then they should just move there, or figure out away to access the UK PSN.  I am sure there is someone in the UK making a stink about not getting Borderlands or Infamous 2.

Moble

Message 7 of 44 (378 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Oct 25, 2012

"If anyone wants the titles released to the UK, then they should just move there, or figure out away to access the UK PSN.  I am sure there is someone in the UK making a stink about not getting Borderlands or Infamous 2."

That’s not true, mainly because they got borderlands and Infamous 2.

Message 8 of 44 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 25, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:

"If anyone wants the titles released to the UK, then they should just move there, or figure out away to access the UK PSN.  I am sure there is someone in the UK making a stink about not getting Borderlands or Infamous 2."

This speaks partially to my point though.  I don't know what they get in the UK, nor do I care to.  I am simply happy to get what I get, and be happy with it.

I know; you and maybe others do know, and care.  That is fine, I am certainly not here to judge.  I only thought I would provide some positive outlook on the situation.

The point being, there are probably people in the UK jealous of what we get.  While the example was flawed, I defer to the focus.  Things will not always be equal.  Maybe they should, but that is up to Sony.  In my experience, Sony will only listen so far as it benefits them.

I have not looked at sales numbers, but Sony may be giving more marquee games to UK members, because their UK PLUS sales may be down compared to the US.  Who knows, but Sony, as to their intentions and decisions?  It is certainly out of our hands.

Perhaps your posts will draw attention.  I am not saying you shouldn't complain, like some.  I am only saying that sometimes it is best to just be happy with what is provided, and hope for better in the future.

Moble

Message 9 of 44 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Oct 26, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

bamahollis88 wrote:

This speaks partially to my point though.  I don't know what they get in the UK, nor do I care to.  I am simply happy to get what I get, and be happy with it.

I know; you and maybe others do know, and care.  That is fine, I am certainly not here to judge.  I only thought I would provide some positive outlook on the situation.

The point being, there are probably people in the UK jealous of what we get.  While the example was flawed, I defer to the focus.  Things will not always be equal.  Maybe they should, but that is up to Sony.  In my experience, Sony will only listen so far as it benefits them.

I have not looked at sales numbers, but Sony may be giving more marquee games to UK members, because their UK PLUS sales may be down compared to the US.  Who knows, but Sony, as to their intentions and decisions?  It is certainly out of our hands.

Perhaps your posts will draw attention.  I am not saying you shouldn't complain, like some.  I am only saying that sometimes it is best to just be happy with what is provided, and hope for better in the future.

Moble

I appreciate your opinion but I refuse to pretend to be happy when we (in my eyes) get games that barely still have a relevance. 

Message 10 of 44 (316 Views)
0 Likes