Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
48 posts

Re: So no new games this week OR the next week?

Oct 27, 2012

cornagandarub wrote:

Value-wise, Plus is great regardless of the region. But it's a little discouraging when our NA offers have been going downhill for the last couple of months with no big AAA releases and in the EU it's hit after hit after hit. I'd just like some equal quality treatment with the other region and it makes me want to unsubscribe until something better is offered. 

Yep, even Morgan Haro stopped us BS about playstation plus. I remember when NFL Blitz came out plus and the forums were being filled with negative feedback, Morgan Haro said "Next week you'll be positively surprised". Then King of fighters came out. And some people (including me) started making fun of him about his comment. And last week he said I won't say that again. I think that's a good indication of what we are going to get for November.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Sukhijay wrote:

cornagandarub wrote:

Value-wise, Plus is great regardless of the region. But it's a little discouraging when our NA offers have been going downhill for the last couple of months with no big AAA releases and in the EU it's hit after hit after hit. I'd just like some equal quality treatment with the other region and it makes me want to unsubscribe until something better is offered. 

Yep, even Morgan Haro stopped us BS about playstation plus. I remember when NFL Blitz came out plus and the forums were being filled with negative feedback, Morgan Haro said "Next week you'll be positively surprised". Then King of fighters came out. And some people (including me) started making fun of him about his comment. And last week he said I won't say that again. I think that's a good indication of what we are going to get for November.

Well it is his job to say things like "You won't be dissapointed" and "Just wait and see what you'll get next week". He works for Sony, he isn't going to flat out say "Yeah, sorry for all the average games guys and next week is just going to be as mediocre". I am going to renew one more time and if by this time next year things aren't on par with EU (Updates at the beginning of the month instead of a day before, tons of AAA quality titles) then I'm out.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I think it should be a month overview for whats coming to the ps+. Would rather have everything up front than to have nothing to look forward to. I only like ps+ for the freebie games. I'm not really big on dl'n games although Dishonored (nice time killer with the waith for hitman)caught my eye and I did DL off psn. Freebies are still the one thing I enjoy from plus.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Sukhijay wrote:

cornagandarub wrote:

Morgan has been hyping about unannounced new releases on PS+, the problem with that is not everyone is going to like it because everyone has their own tastes and preferences. Morgan stopped this practice IMO because it upset as many people as it pleased, but that certainly isn't a prediction of what is happening in the near future. 

I have seen people in this fourm not wanting RE5 or Crysis 2 added to the IGC in the US, for various personal reasons. Like I said no matter what the game is, some people will be pleased and others will be disappointed.

Morgan has stated this recently: "but we’re aware of the discrepancy in the # of PS3 Full Games between the regions and are looking forward to seeing how we can make all Plus members feel great about their membership =)" So they are quite aware of this issue, and hopefully it will get resolved, but it will likely take some time to fix since I am sure a set period of time is already planned out...

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Sukhijay wrote:

cornagandarub wrote:

Morgan has been hyping about unannounced new releases on PS+, the problem with that is not everyone is going to like it because everyone has their own tastes and preferences. Morgan stopped this practice IMO because it upset as many people as it pleased, but that certainly isn't a prediction of what is happening in the near future. 

I have seen people in this fourm not wanting RE5 or Crysis 2 added to the IGC in the US, for various personal reasons. Like I said no matter what the game is, some people will be pleased and others will be disappointed.

Morgan has stated this recently: "but we’re aware of the discrepancy in the # of PS3 Full Games between the regions and are looking forward to seeing how we can make all Plus members feel great about their membership =)" So they are quite aware of this issue, and hopefully it will get resolved, but it will likely take some time to fix since I am sure a set period of time is already planned out...

But again, the problem isn't so much what the games are but that there is an imbalance in the regions. I'm no sports fan, but if NA was offered say MLB 12: The Show or something of that nature, I wouldn't be upset even if it's a game I wouldn't personally play because it's a big title and stacks up to what EU gets. I do hope you are right that they do plan on trying to even things out, but if they are only learning about Plus updates a couple of days prior to when they post them, then I can't imagine they have much power in the decision. 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 28, 2012
I'd be extra satisfied if we recieved MLB 12: The Show. Morgan, you reading this? Get us a nice game FULL sports game, UFC, MLB, NBA, hell I'd take Fifa just because it's fun to screw around in.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 28, 2012
I don't believe sports games will be added to PS+, because they only appeal to a certain segment. NFL Blitz however, is more of an arcade title and has a larger appeal. Although IMO, a NBA Jam title would have been received better...
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 28, 2012

cornagandarub wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Sukhijay wrote:

cornagandarub wrote:

But again, the problem isn't so much what the games are but that there is an imbalance in the regions. I'm no sports fan, but if NA was offered say MLB 12: The Show or something of that nature, I wouldn't be upset even if it's a game I wouldn't personally play because it's a big title and stacks up to what EU gets. I do hope you are right that they do plan on trying to even things out, but if they are only learning about Plus updates a couple of days prior to when they post them, then I can't imagine they have much power in the decision. 

Morgan has stated they are well aware of what is coming out weeks at a time. They only post weekly because, people have requested it and it helps avoid any last minute changes that can happen if you make announcements seveal weeks out...

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

cornagandarub wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Sukhijay wrote:

cornagandarub wrote:

Morgan has stated they are well aware of what is coming out weeks at a time. They only post weekly because, people have requested it and it helps avoid any last minute changes that can happen if you make announcements seveal weeks out...

Well that sucks. I'd much rather know the whole months content and get a heads-up if anything has to change then being strung along every week hoping I'm going to get something good. Clearly they don't have this issue in EU. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

I'd rather have a voting system so we can actually vote f...

Oct 28, 2012

I'd rather have a voting system so we can actually vote for a game that we would actually love to play. Although we all have different likes and disliikes, we can all identify a game that's good enough for everyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (107 Views)
0 Likes