Sackboy
650 posts

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 19, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Again, like I said, Sony isn't the one developing ALL the games. 

So if the third party devs have nothing planned right now, then they obviously can't announce anything.

If the games aren't being developed, then there's no point in asking Sony to announce what doesn't exist atm.

And they don't want to be like RE Portable for PSP, where they announce a game, and it just never happens.

Besides, other than the games coming out this holiday season that we know about, what else did you want?

Bethesda's busy working on TES Online

They're already busy getting GOW Ascension ready for next year

Crytek has got Crysis 3

Naughty Dog has been busy with "The Last of Us" and they already did one Uncharted on Vita

COD is coming, LBP is coming, AC is coming

EA just announced that BF4 will be in the works, and they're making Madden 13 for Vita

So what sort of games were you hoping for?  

It's just amazing that Sony could take a huge dump on your porch and you'd smile and say how great of an idea it was and how hard they must have worked to do it. You just mentioned several PS3 games. I'm not really sure how that helps out the Vita owners. BF4 is in the works for PS3. That is wonderful.....

Message 31 of 44 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

I don't see how people can say the Vita has no games, when you compare it to the 3DS line up it has roughly the same amount of games being released. To add ontop of that the Vita is getting some heavy hitting tltles like CoD and AC. Which we all know CoD is the fastest/best selling game off all time.

But other then those two titles, we're getting LBP, Soul Sacifice, PO2, Killzone, FFX, Ragnarok (if it gets translated)among others that are unannounced and what not. So we've got announced games from all sorts of titles and even a F2P MMO.

I really don't need to say whats coming up on the 3DS everyone already knows its Ma.....e........o

Message 32 of 44 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Yes, I listed off a bunch of PS3 games, to show that game devs are BUSY.

If you split resources, the quality of both products could suffer, and the PS3 has a larger installed user base since it's been around longer, and they have more to work with (We still don't know if devs are limited to 4GB)

And you didn't answer my question: What kind of games were you hoping to see release, other than the ones already planned? Unless you know of some killer indie games...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 44 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
650 posts

Jul 19, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

If you split resources, the quality of both products could suffer, and the PS3 has a larger installed user base since it's been around longer, and they have more to work with (We still don't know if devs are limited to 4GB)

And you didn't answer my question: What kind of games were you hoping to see release, other than the ones already planned? Unless you know of some killer indie games...

don't you think if I could list off a bunch of game ideas that should be on the Vita I'd be making games?? Sorry but developers being busy is not a reason. Developers make games for the hardware they see money to be made. I seem to be teaching you business 101 in this thread.

Message 34 of 44 (76 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

don't you think if I could list off a bunch of game ideas that should be on the Vita I'd be making games?? Sorry but developers being busy is not a reason. Developers make games for the hardware they see money to be made. I seem to be teaching you business 101 in this thread.

I'm just saying that most of the big name companies have already announced some sort of game coming to the Vita at some point, so I don't see what other games you could possibly be "wishing to have announced"

And as far as we know, perhaps developers DON'T see money to be made, with the VIta's user base being so small and hardly growing. 

Message 35 of 44 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Why are we still feeding the troll? Most of us here love our PS Vita and that's all that matters. I'm gonna run along now and play Uncharted. Smiley Happy
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 36 of 44 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
650 posts

Jul 20, 2012

ixnine wrote:
Why are we still feeding the troll? Most of us here love our PS Vita and that's all that matters. I'm gonna run along now and play Uncharted. Smiley Happy

Sorry, but "most of us" is an exaggeration. 

Message 37 of 44 (57 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

Jul 20, 2012

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

ixnine wrote:

You're right, because the majority of Vita owners are probably content and just don't bother to come to these forums to complain about every little thing that's wrong with it.

It's a forum, the last thing you'll find is people who just make posts saying how GREAT the Vita is. Forums are typically where people discuss the PROBLEMS they have with it.

Message 38 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I'm a proud vita owner and still browse this forum for information and news. sadly, i noticed many people complaining about not having games for the handheld, about it being dead and blaming sony etc. as an early adopter, i already know that will be the case but never regretted owning one. give it more time and i really think there's a bright future for this powerful handheld given they will support it as i read on the news lately they are announcing many great games. so chill and take time off to something else for the meantime. regards
Message 39 of 44 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Jul 20, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

ixnine wrote:

You're right, because the majority of Vita owners are probably content and just don't bother to come to these forums to complain about every little thing that's wrong with it.

It's a forum, the last thing you'll find is people who just make posts saying how GREAT the Vita is. Forums are typically where people discuss the PROBLEMS they have with it.

You'll never get him to give it up bro. He is probably loving all the attention he is getting. If everyone ignored him he would have to go bother his parents or something. The nay sayers are relentless on here man...

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 40 of 44 (36 Views)