Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
2360 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 17, 2012

Amazing how nostalgia clouds peoples judgement. Only 10 games? You are mental if you think there are only 10 retail games coming for vita, please. Many more will get announced. The ps2 and PS3 especially had very bare launches as did 3ds, xb0x..... Name 1 launch console that had hundreds of retail games anmnouned in its first few months? They announce more and more as time goes on.

Message 21 of 44 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
200 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 17, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Amazing how nostalgia clouds peoples judgement. Only 10 games? You are mental if you think there are only 10 retail games coming for vita, please. Many more will get announced. The ps2 and PS3 especially had very bare launches as did 3ds, xb0x..... Name 1 launch console that had hundreds of retail games anmnouned in its first few months? They announce more and more as time goes on.


Yeah the games are coming no doubt about that, it's just a dry summer but it's still a bit weird how they aren't promoting more games since everyone wants to go outside during the summer and well that's what a handheld is for right?

 

Message 22 of 44 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/22/2012
Online
1109 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 17, 2012

I bought a vita and like it.I wasn,t complaining was just making a comment about something.People talk about others trolling on here but it seems like some just come on here to look for comments from anyone that they themselves can complain about.Isn,t that a type of trolling also.That also makes some people look down on the vita because it is like some are trying so hard to make it look good.We all need to get our pantys out of a wad and tell of the good things of the vita when people complain.That is what will convence them,not trying to brow beat them with it.

Message 23 of 44 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/17/2012
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 17, 2012
i agree you spend all this money on it plus insurance and you still dont get what u want from it . We dont have adobe ...shockwave is a no..,not enough apps .Where cellphones you can get almost all the apps you want what a shame ......
Message 24 of 44 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/22/2012
Online
1109 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 17, 2012

That is the way it works with most new things in eletronics.New and expensive.I remember when a vhs player cost 300$.Now out dated and dirt cheep.I saw a servey saying gaming in general has droped 25% in the last couple of years.I am sure that is a lot of money lost for all in gaming.They are most likely being careful with what comes out also.It might not take but one or two bad calls for some games companys to go under and out.

Message 25 of 44 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
650 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 17, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

Try to get past the launch lineup for a minute and for once. How many games are announced? 10 full retail games? The future does look bleek when there isn't much coming. The other consoles you keep comparing to had huge AAA games announced for their future.


The 3DS, in year ONE, got what, 3 titles worth mentioning? (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7)

 

And out of those "Huge AAA games" that were announced for it, half of them still aren't available (Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts). And the ones that did come out, came out THIS year (Kid Icarus, MGS3D) , which means it took a WHOLE YEAR for them to release. And the Vita's been out for what, 5 months here?

 

So I don't see what the difference is. 


I don't know why you continue to compare to the 3DS. Look at the games you mentioned. At least they were announced and/or actually shown for the 3DS and you know they're coming. We've seen AC and LBP for the Vita.

Message 26 of 44 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
12226 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 17, 2012

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

Try to get past the launch lineup for a minute and for once. How many games are announced? 10 full retail games? The future does look bleek when there isn't much coming. The other consoles you keep comparing to had huge AAA games announced for their future.


The 3DS, in year ONE, got what, 3 titles worth mentioning? (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7)

 

And out of those "Huge AAA games" that were announced for it, half of them still aren't available (Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts). And the ones that did come out, came out THIS year (Kid Icarus, MGS3D) , which means it took a WHOLE YEAR for them to release. And the Vita's been out for what, 5 months here?

 

So I don't see what the difference is. 


I don't know why you continue to compare to the 3DS. Look at the games you mentioned. At least they were announced and/or actually shown for the 3DS and you know they're coming. We've seen AC and LBP for the Vita.


Well what do you want? Sony mainly has third party games, it's up to THEM to show off their games.

 

Nintendo typically makes their OWN games, so they usually decide what games are shown and what aren't.

 

You can't just go out and tell Game devs "Hey, we need to you to show off EVERYTHING you're going to MAYBE work on right NOW, even if it MIGHT not happen"

 

Like I said, they may be busy working on more anticipated titles to just show off gameplay or videos of a Vita game.

Or they're just early in development so any videos would just be pure "this might, or might not, be in the game".

 

No company goes "These are ALL the games that will be coming to our console". Sony has decided to only announce games for the shorter future. Just because you don't get a list that reaches the floor for the next 2 years doesn't mean they aren't working on games. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 44 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
650 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 18, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

Try to get past the launch lineup for a minute and for once. How many games are announced? 10 full retail games? The future does look bleek when there isn't much coming. The other consoles you keep comparing to had huge AAA games announced for their future.


The 3DS, in year ONE, got what, 3 titles worth mentioning? (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7)

 

And out of those "Huge AAA games" that were announced for it, half of them still aren't available (Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts). And the ones that did come out, came out THIS year (Kid Icarus, MGS3D) , which means it took a WHOLE YEAR for them to release. And the Vita's been out for what, 5 months here?

 

So I don't see what the difference is. 


I don't know why you continue to compare to the 3DS. Look at the games you mentioned. At least they were announced and/or actually shown for the 3DS and you know they're coming. We've seen AC and LBP for the Vita.


Well what do you want? Sony mainly has third party games, it's up to THEM to show off their games.

 

Nintendo typically makes their OWN games, so they usually decide what games are shown and what aren't.

 

You can't just go out and tell Game devs "Hey, we need to you to show off EVERYTHING you're going to MAYBE work on right NOW, even if it MIGHT not happen"

 

Like I said, they may be busy working on more anticipated titles to just show off gameplay or videos of a Vita game.

Or they're just early in development so any videos would just be pure "this might, or might not, be in the game".

 

No company goes "These are ALL the games that will be coming to our console". Sony has decided to only announce games for the shorter future. Just because you don't get a list that reaches the floor for the next 2 years doesn't mean they aren't working on games. 


that makes no sense. So Sony isn't going to announce their games which hurts sales. That isn't smart business. And yes, hardware manufacturers do go to developers and ask to show their games. That is called "any video game show" during the year. Videos and gameplay is put together specifically for these game shows. Maybe you are young and haven't been watching these shows every year but it is very common.

 

Message 28 of 44 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
12226 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 18, 2012

Again, like I said, Sony isn't the one developing ALL the games. 

So if the third party devs have nothing planned right now, then they obviously can't announce anything.

 

If the games aren't being developed, then there's no point in asking Sony to announce what doesn't exist atm.

 

And they don't want to be like RE Portable for PSP, where they announce a game, and it just never happens.

 

Besides, other than the games coming out this holiday season that we know about, what else did you want?

 

Bethesda's busy working on TES Online

They're already busy getting GOW Ascension ready for next year

Crytek has got Crysis 3

Naughty Dog has been busy with "The Last of Us" and they already did one Uncharted on Vita

COD is coming, LBP is coming, AC is coming

EA just announced that BF4 will be in the works, and they're making Madden 13 for Vita

 

 

So what sort of games were you hoping for?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 44 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/26/2005
Online
325 posts
 

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 18, 2012
To be fair, that sounds just like something Sony would do. They aren't the best when it comes to PR and I could see them keeping games under wraps while sales of the Vita suffer. Just look at e3 this year. They really don't have a clue.
Message 30 of 44 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes