Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 16, 2012

I see your point, but I think it is still too early to tell what the Vita's future might be. 2013 might be a better year for the Vita.

Message 11 of 44 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jul 16, 2012

The future looks bleak how? Saying it without merit doesn;t make it so idiot. There are many games beign developed like Souls Sacrifice, Warriers lair,e tc.c... If anything the future looks great, the worst time is the launch window.

Message 12 of 44 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Message 13 of 44 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Again you never rebutted anyones points. Compare vitas launch to 360, PS3 and 3ds..... This is NORMAL ffor system launches so that  kills your argument the future looks bleak. Good games take time to launch. Often beofr elaunch devs oly get the finalized hardware a year befoe launch, most great games take several years. get  a clue.

Message 14 of 44 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
650 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Try to get past the launch lineup for a minute and for once. How many games are announced? 10 full retail games? The future does look bleek when there isn't much coming. The other consoles you keep comparing to had huge AAA games announced for their future.

Message 15 of 44 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Jul 16, 2012

SQUIDWARD360 wrote:

Try to get past the launch lineup for a minute and for once. How many games are announced? 10 full retail games? The future does look bleek when there isn't much coming. The other consoles you keep comparing to had huge AAA games announced for their future.

The 3DS, in year ONE, got what, 3 titles worth mentioning? (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7)

And out of those "Huge AAA games" that were announced for it, half of them still aren't available (Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts). And the ones that did come out, came out THIS year (Kid Icarus, MGS3D) , which means it took a WHOLE YEAR for them to release. And the Vita's been out for what, 5 months here?

So I don't see what the difference is. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 44 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2073 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I keep hearing people say ps1,ps2 and ps3 had bad launches.I remember all three having good launches.At least 4 games at launch and by the time they were played there was two or three more.Everyone at the time talked about how great the games were and how much better the console was then the last one.I was there at day one for them and thought they were good myself.They also had several different genres of games within a short time of launch.Seems like consoles were better prepared back then.Of course gaming was younger then.If they had not been good gaming would not be where it is now.

Message 17 of 44 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

fantasyplayer wrote:

I keep hearing people say ps1,ps2 and ps3 had bad launches.I remember all three having good launches.At least 4 games at launch and by the time they were played there was two or three more.Everyone at the time talked about how great the games were and how much better the console was then the last one.I was there at day one for them and thought they were good myself.They also had several different genres of games within a short time of launch.Seems like consoles were better prepared back then.Of course gaming was younger then.If they had not been good gaming would not be where it is now.

i somewhat agree on the psone and ps2 launch line ups but ps3? really man? my only launch  game was resistance fall of man and the next game i bought wasnt even a ps3 game, it was god of war 2 ( 4 months later) and days later i bought Motorstorm.

Message 18 of 44 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2073 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I seem to remember over 10 games or more at launch.I know everybody did not like all of them.Nether did I.Of course you could play ps2 and ps1 games on it also.Maybe that is what I remember filling the void in between the new games.I don't know,I didn't thank it was that bad.I am getting older and maybe my  memory is not as good.That is kind of what they need for vita is more top psp and ps1 games to get here to fill the void.That might stop some of the complaining and sony bashing.Who knows could be any day now.

Message 19 of 44 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jul 17, 2012
It was Motostorm and Resistance, those two were the only good games at launch.

That's actually the reason why Motostorm sold well, because it was only one of the few good games at the beginning. Now with Motostorm: Apocalypse no one gave a **bleep** lol
Message 20 of 44 (78 Views)
0 Likes