Highlighted
Jun 11 2013
By: PleaseQuitTrying First Son 19 posts

So... how does this streaming thing work?

5 replies 89 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

unless i missed it, they still havent explained how current ps3 games you own, like the last of us(coming out friday) or say...uncharted series, will be able to be streamed from the cloud on ps4. will there be a "scan your ps3 BR disc, verify, download a digital copy from the cloud"? or maybe items youve purchased with your PSN account, will still show as purchased if you check out the store on ps4?

what about games like bf4, cod ghosts, ac4, that were announced for ps4/xbone but are releasing on ps3/360? if i buy the ps3 version, will i have to buy the ps4 version as well when it releases? will the multiplayer stats transfer over too?

like i said, not sure if i missed it, or if it was posted/announced anywhere about the deal with streaming/acquiring ps3 games for ps4, or why/if i should even buy the ps3 version if the games will eventually be on the ps4, especially if i have to start from scratch anyway.

Message 1 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: So... how does this streaming thing work?

Jun 11, 2013

TBD

Message 2 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 11, 2013

also, i forgot to add, what about premium memberships/season passes for those same games..

example: buy premium with bf4 on ps3 > buy ps4 version > get premium because i technically already bought it with my psn account?

Message 3 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 11, 2013

PleaseQuitTrying wrote:

also, i forgot to add, what about premium memberships/season passes for those same games..

example: buy premium with bf4 on ps3 > buy ps4 version > get premium because i technically already bought it with my psn account?

TBD, and that is a question for EA. It's their DLC to regulate, not Sony's.

Message 4 of 6 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 11, 2013

i was talking more along the lines of buying it on the psn. any season pass, i just bought the SP for the last of us. guessing content for that game will be added even after the ps4 is out. so am i expected to keep my ps3 around? *shrug*

just hope they discuss it soon, im going to preorder the ps4 tomorrow

Message 5 of 6 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Well, talk to the publishers of each season pass. It'll differ from company to company.

Message 6 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes