Jun 19 2013
By: fede01_8 Sackboy 514 posts

So are we gonna have to pay $50 for a service like this?

7 replies 892 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

Since the PS4 is gonna require PS+ for multiplayer, are we still gonna get patches that **bleep** up are consoles and servers down regulary? That's **bleep**...

Message 1 of 8 (892 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: So are we gonna have to pay $50 for a service like this?

Jun 19, 2013
17.59 I believe
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 8 (890 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12000 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Since the PS4 is gonna require PS+ for multiplayer, are we still gonna get patches that **bleep** up are consoles and servers down regulary? That's **bleep**...

no service paid or free is ever perfect, even xbox live has issues from time to time, if a few issues is all it takes to make you question the value of what psn+ does have to offer then by all means go to xbox.  

whats with people these days thinking that there are so entitled to everything they want, and expects perfect service from whoever they deal with, and cry foul whenever something goes wrong no matter how small...   

>

Message 3 of 8 (557 Views)
MVP Support
13653 posts

Jun 19, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Seeing as this is like the only patch that's ever had major issues, and that the servers are not down regularly, I don't know what you're talking about.

This happens only once in a small while. A few hours of no PSN won't kill you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 8 (447 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Nice, another pointless thread.  Keep freaking out kid I guess when your car doesn't start up one day you're going to scream and cry why did I pay for this car if it's going to break down on me!???! waaaaa

Message 5 of 8 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

Jun 19, 2013

It's best not to get upset about a system that hasn't been released yet. For now, think good thoughts.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 6 of 8 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 19, 2013

No server array has a 100% uptime guarantee - it's simply impossible. 

Most ISPs have, at best, 99% guaranteed uptime.  That means that, in a year:

365 days X 24 hours = 8760 hours in a year.  One percent of 8760 is 87.6 hours, which is a total combined down time of 3.65 days.

Five hours is 5.7% of tha maximum allowed downtime in a year, assuming that Sony's ISP has a 99% guarantee.

Paid or not, this is how it works.

I know it's really annoying - believe me, I understand.  However, in the big picture, that's not bad.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 7 of 8 (255 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Jun 19, 2013

You need to calm down .. Some people think that everything is free .. Pay no attention to the man behind the Server ... Oh wait they have to pay him and his friends that make sure the psn and the psn store is running .. for a free service i will take PSn over xbox anyday.. I also dont mind paying a small fee to make sure that we are getting the best service for are gaming needs...  They also spent the money to Buy the fastest Network in the world.. Says Guiness

Message 8 of 8 (179 Views)
0 Likes