Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2013
By: warr1or787 Splicer 43 posts

So What does GTA's delay mean.......

14 replies 236 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

It was announced this week that Grand Theft Auto 5 has been delayed to September 2013.....So does this mean that the PS4 its not coming on Nov as rumor have it.....Cause I do not think Rockstar being the smart company that they are will release a game so important to a lot of gamers 2 months before PS4 or the new Xbox as this will damage the sales big time as a lot of people will save their money for the PS4 and will not buy GTA.....So what are you guys opinion???

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24760 posts

Re: So What does GTA's delay mean.......

Jan 31, 2013

warr1or787 wrote:

It was announced this week that Grand Theft Auto 5 has been delayed to September 2013.....So does this mean that the PS4 its not coming on Nov as rumor have it.....Cause I do not think Rockstar being the smart company that they are will release a game so important to a lot of gamers 2 months before PS4 or the new Xbox as this will damage the sales big time as a lot of people will save their money for the PS4 and will not buy GTA.....So what are you guys opinion???

You don't think that anyone has a job, and can make MORE money? And why would it hurt sales of Gran Theft Auto 5? Is everyone's PS3 suddenly going to explode, ala Mission Impossible?

And what makes you think that there will be a new Playstation released this year? What if it's released next year? Or in two years? One does not preclude the other. And games that are still scheduled to be released will still be released for the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (229 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8526 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Means just what they said.  They wanted more time to polish the game.

I dont know why ppl think they would delay the game for PS4.  Why take 50 million PS3 consoles (think thats whats out there) off the market for the game, only to have maybe a million or so ppl for the new console. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (226 Views)
Sackboy
409 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I highly doubt they would pull a game just because a system release... however i doubt to see the PS4 for still a year or two on the market...Rstar may want to "fix something", change a graphics/physics engine, add something that just got approved legally (i.e. song rights, car likenesses, anything that has trademark protection and they had to ask permission) *legal paperwork is slower than game design. lolz  or they may be postponing it due to the NRA, and Public Awareness groups throwing a fit about violent video games, and they'll wait till all that blows over.

It's still being released.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (216 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Feb 1, 2013

warr1or787 wrote:

Wait.... who said we'd be getting a PS4 or new Xbox in November? 

Don't propgate misinformation

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (208 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24760 posts

Feb 1, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

warr1or787 wrote:

Wait.... who said we'd be getting a PS4 or new Xbox in November? 

Don't propgate misinformation

The glaring problem is that much more misinformation than good information. We're living in the "information age", and we're not any more well informed.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (205 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10060 posts

Feb 1, 2013

warr1or787 wrote:

it measn it will come out a later date that previously thought

just a stab in the dark tho

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (201 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11072 posts

Feb 1, 2013

That's like saying that the millions who buy Call of Duty every year are creating a problem when (and if) sales of the PlayStation 3 version would affect every potential PlayStation 4 customer. While buying the next Call of Duty on PlayStation 3 may happen for some, what if the case were to be that PlayStation 4 has its own version? Would the market be able to make room for early adopters as well as those willing to hang back as the PlayStation 4 launch passes them by? It's happened in the past many times. Who's to say that success can't happen for Sony's platforms simultaneously?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1760 posts

Feb 1, 2013

The delay means GTA5 will be 100times better than GTA4 (i hope).  I think GTA4 sucked, seemed slow and sluggish.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 1, 2013

i really enjoy GTAIV but thats besides the point....the delay is simply because they are wanting to get it right,they have talked about it over on their social club chat and theres lots of rumours about this as there is about the ps4 and many mixing the 2 together which is ignorant and shows that these people don't have a clue what goes into a video game lol...

the game is going to be huge and they are working out the bugs/glitches and hopefully we won't have to download a patch everyday lol,plus they have took some ideas from people so maybe they are also adding some things that are popular among the fans...this game is going to be huge and even though i have it preordered i don't mind the wait one bit.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (166 Views)