Feb 26 2012
By: Dr_Jack_Death First Son 3 posts

So Sony, when are you going to care at all about your consumer base?

15 replies 14 views Edited Feb 26, 2012

The ps3 has been out for 6 years, and all you've done is downgrade the entire system.
Youve taken away multiple great features, such as PS2 emulation, Other OS, and a multitude of others.
I bought a ps3, but one thing makes me want to sell it for an XBOX 360.

YOUVE HAD 6 YEARS TO GIVE IT THE ABILITY TO PLAY MUSIC WHILE PLAYING GAMES.
THIS SHOULD NOT BE A DEVELOPER OPTION THAT MUST BE PROGRAMMED INTO THE GAME.

What is a man? But a miserable little pile of secrets!! But enough of this. HAVE AT YOU!
Message 1 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28552 posts

Re: So Sony, when are you going to care at all about your consumer base?

Feb 26, 2012

It has the ability to play music, it has to be implemented, and I don't know how many times this has to be said before people WANT to understand it, BY THE INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS.

Message 2 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Dont sell it for a 360. I am with playstation because microsoft screwd me over. If you dont mind, i would like to share my storie and convince you, or at least try to convince you.

So, i pay $50-$60 for xbox live. Two months later, it just overheated and it was in a well ventalated open space! Crappy. So i send it in to have it fixed and i was out of gaming for two more months. I get it back, and by this time COD black ops had come out. I immediatley play it and rise up fast  in the ranks. I go to play a game with the commando, yes i played that long and got to  that rank, and absolutly mauled. Came out with 21K and 4D. Apparently, i got reported and banned for hacking when i wasnt! i am the guy who hates hackers. So i create a new user account and pay my $50-$60 and guess what, i get kicked off again because they could find no record of me paying to play online. I showed them my bank statements and all the proof to show i did, in fact, pay them. Microsoft didnt like the fact and still disconected me and said for me to pay them another $50-$60 to play! I said enough, made a video of me yelling "F YOU MICROSOFT!" and shot the xbox with my 12gauge buckshot over and over again and sent it to microsoft with the video and my obliterayed xbox with a note: "Hey Microsoft, like to see you be able to referbish this shit!"

Dont go xbox. PS has a way better seystem and custumor service and a better seystem.

Message 3 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Sony of America doesn't respect their customers at all, that's why they are doing **** like this

We're the ones paying Sony our money when we buy their products and they take features away from the PS3 like the Other OS feature that they themselves added

I didn't pay over 300$ for my PS3 to have it DOWNGRADED

not giving North American PS Vita owners the UMD to Digital program, not to mention there are hundreds of PSP games that don't have a Digital version on PSN
Sony preventing games with no english dubs from getting retail releases on bluray discs

If Sony dares place region locking on the PS3 or PSP or PS Vita it will severely hurt sales for the three

Message 4 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 26, 2012

reaper-ICU wrote:

I get it back, and by this time COD black ops had come out. I immediatley play it and rise up fast  in the ranks. I go to play a game with the commando, yes i played that long and got to  that rank, and absolutly mauled. Came out with 21K and 4D. Apparently, i got reported and banned for hacking when i wasnt! i am the guy who hates hackers.

Did you contest that? You can usually contest a ban or suspension.

There's no way I would know how or why you've reached your particular outcome with destroying your Xbox 360, but I can tell you customer service reps have a difficult job. If you treat them like dirt, you'll likely be in the same boat if you have a problem with your PS3. I've had pretty good experiences with customer service for all of my stuff, but I tend to be polite but firm in my requests.

Dr_Jack_Death, if you think an Xbox 360 would better suit you, then get an Xbox 360. Those features aren't likely to return to the PS3; if you need PS2 backwards compatibility, then you need an early PS3 or a standalone PS2. Background music across all games might appear in a future generation of the console, when Sony has things better planned from the start (more RAM or better memory budget).

Message 5 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28552 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Tsuko-blue wrote:

Sony of America doesn't respect their customers at all, that's why they are doing **** like this

We're the ones paying Sony our money when we buy their products and they take features away from the PS3 like the Other OS feature that they themselves added

I didn't pay over 300$ for my PS3 to have it DOWNGRADED

not giving North American PS Vita owners the UMD to Digital program, not to mention there are hundreds of PSP games that don't have a Digital version on PSN
Sony preventing games with no english dubs from getting retail releases on bluray discs

If Sony dares place region locking on the PS3 or PSP or PS Vita it will severely hurt sales for the three

You're still on that? Really? Okay, they took away ONE thing. Let's take a look at what they've ADDED;

• Netflix
  • Hulu Plus
  • NHL Live
  • MLB TV
  • The SEC Sports Package
  • Video editing and uploading
  • Facebook integration
  • NFL Sunday Ticket
  • PS2 Classics

I know that "gamers" don't appreciate the sports related features, but to the rest of us they MORE than make up for the OtherOS, which is something that the majority of consumers had no idea how to, or even knew existed.

Message 6 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Feb 26, 2012

It's not just the OS feature that's the problem

the way Sony has been doing things is wrong

getting in the way of games getting a retail release because of something like the game not having english voice acting

and many many more things that are too many to list

Message 7 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Although I am always annoyed by the removal of Other OS, it's not hard to see why they were forced to do it. As for the other features, they were mostly removed to make the system cheaper, or were features no one used, like SACD support.

Message 8 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Feb 26, 2012

I only treated them like dirt, if you even tread the whole thing, because they where denining all the facts i placed to them that i payed for my live account. And no, i didnt make it up, its all true. And i am in a good, smooth sailing destroyer with my PS3 thank you very much. The only problem i have ever had is when the PSN whent down, but i never did any such thing to intimidate Sony and let them take the time they needed to fix the network. Sony, has been great with support even when some minor things heve gone wrong and been very helpfull and actually listen, unlike Microsoft wh tried to con me in paying again and looking at  the fact that where put before them.

Message 9 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 26, 2012

reaper-ICU wrote:

I only treated them like dirt, if you even tread the whole thing, because they where denining all the facts i placed to them that i payed for my live account. And no, i didnt make it up, its all true.

Yes, I've read the whole thing. Not saying that your story isn't true, but I'm just saying it's likely going to be difficult for you to get the compensation you want in any scenario (including PS3 support in the future if you need it) if you treat a customer service agent like dirt.

Obviously you're having a tough time, but it's likely to be even tougher for you if you give the person who's trying to help you heck. I say this because I've worked in customer service before, and customers sometimes end up blowing up at the wrong person. Some people I'm happy to go out of my way to help; others I don't try particularly hard to help because they're too nasty to deal with. I hope that makes sense. Try to keep a level head even if it's hard.

Message 10 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes