Jan 03 2013
By: Bulletpainpills Survivor 2597 posts

So I just sent my Vita in for repairs...

10 replies 284 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

Now, the main question I have is, due to the silicion casing thingo stretching, I had superglued the portion near the camera down to it wouldn't interfere with it due to the streching. Well now I obviously removed and some of the super glue, but back to the question I had pushed off for some reason:

Can that superglue void the warranty?

Part of me assumes not but I'm not sure. Though I really don't mind too much if I do have to pay for it to be serviced. And I'm pretty sure the glue isn't the cause of the reason I sent it in for repairs due to the fact it was on it's surface for most of the time I had owned it. So what do you guys think? Can the superglue on the Vita void the warranty?

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: So I just sent my Vita in for repairs...

Jan 3, 2013

No idea honestly...It was one of those silicone case/cover things?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Indeed it was. I believe it was one of those official silicone casings from Sony

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (257 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Jan 3, 2013

**bleep** man, super glue and expensive things dont mix :smileysad:, what were u thinking

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Ya Man not good idea superglue on vita what the H the cocer wont strecth to the point on no use
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Jan 3, 2013

use double sided tape next time :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Not sure what will happen... What I do know is, generally they don't repair your unit and send it back to you. They just send you a refurbished unit and the one you send them eventually becomes a refurb once it is fixed up.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I think you voided the warranty because everything needed to be in its natural state-meaning anything that Sony considers damage by you INSTEAD of them they will make you liable. If something was wrong with it you should've sent it directly to Sony so they would fix it at no cost.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Jan 3, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

I think you voided the warranty because everything needed to be in its natural state-meaning anything that Sony considers damage by you INSTEAD of them they will make you liable. If something was wrong with it you should've sent it directly to Sony so they would fix it at no cost.

Wrong. 
The warranty is still in place as long as he did not open up the system or do anything to the system that would have caused the issue it was sent in for repairs for. 
If he sent it in because the system simply stopped working, unless Sony can prove that it was the super glues fault that the system stopped working then they will still have to service it according to what the agreement says the user is entitled to. 

Super glue on the outer body is not something that can cause an issue with the software unless the glue leaked in(Which it probably didnt unless he put glue in the connection port then well, if he did he probably ate the glue too.)

Tl;dr
No, should be fine, don't put glue on your **bleep** vita though. Goddamn.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Sky_The_Assassin wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

Wrong. 
The warranty is still in place as long as he did not open up the system or do anything to the system that would have caused the issue it was sent in for repairs for. 
If he sent it in because the system simply stopped working, unless Sony can prove that it was the super glues fault that the system stopped working then they will still have to service it according to what the agreement says the user is entitled to. 

Super glue on the outer body is not something that can cause an issue with the software unless the glue leaked in(Which it probably didnt unless he put glue in the connection port then well, if he did he probably ate the glue too.)

Tl;dr
No, should be fine, don't put glue on your **bleep** vita though. Goddamn.

You just defeated your own argument :smileysurprised:

Here, I highlighted and underlined it for you. God I can't believe you just posted that

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (178 Views)
0 Likes