Jan 24 2012
By: BurntOrange32 Sackboy 507 posts

So I Got an Import...

5 replies 10 views Edited Jan 24, 2012

Long story short, I won't be in America when the Vita comes out, and it actually turned out to be cheaper for me to import one.

So I did exactly that.

I've had some decent time to mess around with my Vita, and I'm totally in love. I got a WiFi model (obviously...), a 16GB card, and Uncharted. I'm really loving the menu system on the vita, even though it only uses the touch screen. It's kind of satisfying to use, and I like how quick the multitasking is.

The Vita itself feels great, I got to try it at Gamescom a few months ago, but it was tied down, so I couldn't judge the weight. It's a nice weight, and a great size. It might not fit in your pocket, but the size and quality of the screen makes up for that small issue.

Uncharted, now that's just crazy. It plays and feels just like any Uncharted for PS3. And it looks almost as good. It's quite an impressive sight. I love the touch controls that were added, and the new melee controls.

Anyway, I don't feel like typing too much right now... but if anyone has some questions I'd be happy to answer!

One final thing, I won't be getting any more games until the official launch (since the US PSN store will actually be open then...), and I plan on getting the following:

• WipEout 2048
  • FIFA 12
  • Escape Plan
  • Super Stardust Delta

Can't wait!!

Message 1 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: So I Got an Import...

Jan 24, 2012

Lucky you, what is your favorite feature that you tried out so far?

Message 2 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Thanks for sharing your impressions. Two questions ...

1. Did you own a PSP?  If so does the screen seem that much larger?

2.  How in the world was it cheaper to import a Vita. Did a friend hand deliver it to you?

Message 3 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
507 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Answer to the first post... I totally just love the screen. It looks great.

And to these two questions:

1. Yes, I did own a PSP, and yes, this seems larger.
  2. I was going to have to buy it in the Netherlands. They've got a 19% sales tax, so the total price was €300 + my Visa card's 3% international charge. So around €310, which equals $400 at today's rates. Got my Vita for $375.
Message 4 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 24, 2012

OK, that makes sense.  That's for the reply.  It's good to know it feels larger.  It will be easier to play MLB The Show that way.

Message 5 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
507 posts

Jan 24, 2012

The screen is an inch bigger, and has twice the resolution. It definitely feels bigger

Message 6 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes