Sep 24 2011
By: xStokeRx Monster Hunter 36 posts

Small 3D review

4 replies 19 views Edited Sep 24, 2011

Hi guy just wanted to start a post about 3D gaming.  I just got a new 47 inch LED/LCD LG lw6500 with the passive 3D tech.  I'd have to say that im just blown away buy 3D.

Played some Killzone 3 and it looked just amazing there was some amount of crosstalk with this game turning the 3D down on the game helped but took away from the effects. 

Resistance 3 wow just wow the single player is out of this world with things poping out of the screen and such nice depth only crosstalk i experanced was with some of the guns like the bullseye wile looking down the sights the little dot just disapers or turn to two dots wich sucks but again turn the 3D down a notch or closs one eye works well lol.

motorstorm 3D rift first game i played in 3d and this game is awsome no cross talk at all and just crazy depth when your going off the massive jumps, almost get that stomach roll feeling.  the mud flys out of the screen and parts when u crash its crazy.

anyways just woundering what other ppls experiance's with 3d are and what kind of tv they have? and if active or passive thx.

ps3 tag: xstokerx
feel free to add me

2 PS3's and 3 psp's
Message 1 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41886 posts

Re: Small 3D review

Sep 24, 2011

I have a Samsung 55' LED 3D TV running at 240hz, it has the 'Active' system, oh & I love it lol .

I have to be honest though & say I don't do a helluva lot of 3D gaming, but the 3D gaming I do I enjoy very much indeed, actually I got the TV not because of its 3D functionaliity, which more than anything else was a bonus feature on the high-end bells & whistles TV I got, I got it because of the size & the style/look, obviosuly I looked at reviews etc but I suppose what i am going a long way around in saying is the 3D feature was a side issue when choosing this TV.

I love the 3D gaming, the UC3 Beta was a lot of fun, & if you like playing pool, Hustle Kings is great fun too, its like you're really walking around the table playing, what I also love about my TV is the 2D to 3D function, is it the same as true 3D no, but you know what, it's damn good at giving you some depth to the picture, things do 'pop' from the screen.

I'm looking forward to 11-1-11 so much anyway, but knowing it'll be 3D capable too, now that will be damn good!

I'll finish by saying that I don't buy games because of 3D functinality, actually I think it'll be a very long time before I do that.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 25, 2011

ya my tv has the 2d-3d thing to its nice for games like deus ex that dont have 3d really makes stuff pop. my LG also is 240hz i forgot to mention that and ya i got a 3d tv cuz my old 32 1080p hd craped out so i got a new one just happend i found a really good deal on a 3d tv. just two questions for you do you have problems with crosstalk at all on active and does it give you head aces?

passive has very little crosstalk and almost no head ace after 3 hours of 3d gameing nothing a 15 min break cant cure.

feel free to add me

2 PS3's and 3 psp's
Message 3 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41886 posts

Sep 25, 2011

xStokeRx wrote:

ya my tv has the 2d-3d thing to its nice for games like deus ex that dont have 3d really makes stuff pop. my LG also is 240hz i forgot to mention that and ya i got a 3d tv cuz my old 32 1080p hd craped out so i got a new one just happend i found a really good deal on a 3d tv. just two questions for you do you have problems with crosstalk at all on active and does it give you head aces?

passive has very little crosstalk and almost no head ace after 3 hours of 3d gameing nothing a 15 min break cant cure.

feel free to add me

SYSTEMS PS3,2 PSP's,DS,CrapBox
GAMES: PS3: COD4,Uncharted,warhawk,Ratchet and Clank,Rock Band,DMC4,Heavenly Sword and Motor Storm
Box: Halo 3,Guitar Hero 2 and 3,FF11,Mass Effect,Oblivian
PSP: Warhammer, Pursuit Force, Daxter, Untold Legends 2, Dragon Ball Z, PQ, MGS and Death jr
DS: Zelda, Brain academy, nintendog

A lot of people who read this will say the 240hz makes little difference to the viewing experience, they are 'probably' right, but like I said I ended up with a 'bells & whistles' TV so 240hz it is, gotta love the picture though, anyway I digress lol...

I haven't noticed any issues with the crosstalk part, I think the passive system is meant to be better with that, but so far so good my end, as for headaches, or eyestrain etc, no, but then I take regular breaks from my gaming/3D TV watching anyway, & if the 3D mode is on probably more so.

On anothr point wearing the glasses doesn't both me either, some neighbors have come over & tried it out, they loved the whole 3D thing but found wearing the glasses uncomfortable, I think its because they are not used to wearing them like I am now, the Samsung glasses are very light too, after a while I really don't feel any different to when I'm wearing sunglasses, as I do a lot here in Sth FL lol!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 25, 2011

Brit-Ko wrote:

A lot of people who read this will say the 240hz makes little difference to the viewing experience.

well for normal viewing in 2d probly not much but in 3d cuz the hz gets cut in half to 120 for each eye so if you didnt have 240hz say u had 120hz to beggin with then your only left with 60hz for each eye. probly wouldnt look as nice, i also heard that LG and some other companys are relasing 480hz tvs for a price of course.

also good to hear you dont get any crosstalk or eye strain, my friend had a release 3d tv and we could only play for like 20 mins at time before gettting unreal head aces so he took it back for a normal HD tv.  The tech behind 3d must be really improving.

feel free to add me

2 PS3's and 3 psp's
Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes