Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 5, 2013
Oh, I know you were. Put it this way: if I bought my PS3 for $200, why'd I feel the need to dish out $250+ for a handheld system? I'm sorry, but I just can't make sense out of that~.

Look at the 3DS and the Wii U, the difference in prices between platforms would never make the Wii U more appealing price wise than the 3DS. Honestly, I don't think a handheld console, no matter how powerful, should ever be priced significantly higher than a home console, current gen or next gen~.
Message 11 of 31 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

A couple of quick comments on some solid replIes...

1.  Some folks don't care about Cross Buy because they only want the handheld version...  I understand because I purchased R&C FFA only for the Vita download and have never powered up the PS3 version...

2.  In some games the Publishers have chosen to NOT take the Cross Buy approach...  I.e. Lego: LOTR...  A title that I probably buy if Cross Buy was on board and yet didn't because for me, the Lego games have been hit and miss...  

3.  Understand the comment re: losing some art details on Vita version of Origins...  However this was the first game that I used the resize feature using two fingers on the front screen to enlarge the game view...  Yes I know you lose the perimeter of the game doing this but the Zoom was really cool to me...

4.  Definitely agree that SC Thieves in Time will not be a system seller but it does have the opportunity to be one of the best Cross Buy and Cross Play titles to date on our Vita(s)...  Maybe a step in the right direction...

5.  In a day when a lot of PS3 games launch at $50.00, to get the SC Thieves of Time disc at $40.00 and the Vita download included, Sweet...  

6.  Now if Black Ops. 2 came out with a solid Cross Buy, Cross Play game...  That would be a system seller...  We can only dream...

Message 12 of 31 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Some of you guys care way too much about sales, play the games not the sales.

Message 13 of 31 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Sales dictate how many games will be available to play in the future; hard not to care~.
Message 14 of 31 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Sales dictate how many games will be available to play in the future; hard not to care~.

im pretty sure the system will get lot of games and it will last at least 5-7 years, play the games not the sales, leave those to the people who should be worry about them ( sony and their stock investors )

Message 15 of 31 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 5, 2013
And since buyers are investors, I suppose then you just agreed that I am completely justified in worrying about sales~.
Message 16 of 31 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Feb 5, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

This...

I bought the Vita way back in early March. I was looking at picking up a PSP, but decided to grab a Vita instead. I wanted a handheld that could give me games that Sony has to offer. This was when nothing was priced down and before things like PS+.

I was just wondering if cross buy for Sly Cooper would help with some additional sales.

So while I have a Vita and am happy with it and could keep more than busy with the line up of titles coming out, it's always nice to have additional titles available to pick from, and like JuanMdP says, rising sales will help with that. So I guess I kind of have to care at this early stage in the Vita's lifecycle.

Message 17 of 31 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Feb 5, 2013

man i have never seen so many gamers cared about sales in past generations, what happened? what did it go wrong on this one? this to me is the first sales/game generation instead of being the 7th games generation lol, anyways i better get out of this thread, im not a negative person nor do i like to be around people like that, system will be fine and the games will be coming soon, happy gaming everyone and please dont take games too seriously.

Message 18 of 31 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I don't spend much time considering unit sales...  Wasn't even the purpose of the post...  However since Cross Buy and Cross Play are communicated Vita features by Sony, I wanted to solicit feedback regarding 2 successful platformer games contrasting the different sales approach...

The bottom line, ceteris paribus if the gameplay experience is the same I will have paid twice the price for Rayman Origins vs. SC Thieves in Time...

It is a legit consideration...  

Just saying...

Message 19 of 31 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Feb 5, 2013

spudsudz wrote:

I don't spend much time considering unit sales...  Wasn't even the purpose of the post...  However since Cross Buy and Cross Play are communicated Vita features by Sony, I wanted to solicit feedback regarding 2 successful platformer games contrasting the different sales approach...

The bottom line, ceteris paribus if the gameplay experience is the same I will have paid twice the price for Rayman Origins vs. SC Thieves in Time...

It is a legit consideration...  

Just saying...

Well i bought Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed on my psvita but then i ended up loving the game so much that decided to buy it on my ps3, it would have been a no brainer if the game supported cross buy but it didnt/doesnt, i just wish sony try harder to convince third party publishers to get into the cross buy boat, i mean Assasins Creed, Need for Speed, Sonic&All Stars Racing, Rayman Origins should have been cross buy titles. I think third party publishers would get more sales like that, anyways whats done its done. Happy gaming!!!! Do you think Sly Cooper Thieves in Time will get a midnight release on psn? i seriously cant wait to play the game!!!

Message 20 of 31 (65 Views)
0 Likes