Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Feb 04 2013
By: spudsudz Hekseville Citizen 351 posts
Offline

Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

[ Edited ]
30 replies 424 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

First let me state that I bought Rayman Origins on both PS3 and Vita platforms...  I loved it but it wasn't cross buy...  Cost me $50.00 for the PS3 version and $40.00 for the Vita...  $90.00 total and I didn't regret the purchase and did use the Cross Play features....  I enjoy platform games and was really excited to see Ubisoft buy in on the Vita for Rayman as a launch title but it didn't sale well and in fact price drops on both the PS3 and Vita versions came shortly after the release...  At $27.00 on the PS Store it is a value buy...

 

Now fast forward to tomorrow and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time...  My local store has the PS3 SC Thieves in Time as a Cross Buy title for $39.99, $50.00 less than I paid for the ability to play Origins on both platforms...  In addition Sanzaru has built in some added gameplay features in the Vita version that handshakes with the PS3 version...  

 

Again I always get excited about platformer games and plan on purchasing the PS3 Cross Buy SC Thieves in Time tomorrow...  In part because it feels like a value over my Rayman Origins experience and part as a vote to keep em coming...

 

What do you think?  Will the use of Cross Buy guarantee solid sales for SC Thieves in Time?  Are platformers still popular with gamers or a dying preference?  Will you be waiting for a price drop before you buy?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (424 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/14/2001
Offline
1006 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013

I liked the PS Vita demo of Sly Cooper so much that if I was going to buy it day one (I'm not) I would buy it on PS3 to get the Vita copy for free.  That way my kids could play the PS3 version if they feel so inclined, or I could do cross-save to play on either one.

 

I was impressed with the Vita demo quite a bit, but as a rule I don't usually buy new games right away.  I have a giant backlog I'm working through first, which only really means that I will buy a game when it gets a pretty big sale.

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (411 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/21/2007
Online
6968 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013

well im a HUGE Sly fan and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time is my most anticipated vita title this year ( nothing and i mean no other game comes even close )  so yea i will be getting 2 ps3 versions, one for me and the other for my 9 years old nephew, we love Platformers, Racing, action/adventure games 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (398 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
809 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013
OH. I totally forgot about the demo. Downloading right now.
Rayman Origins was fun, but you really missed out on tons of the detail in the artwork because of how small everything looked on the vita screen.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (396 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013

I'd be picking it up if I had the funds. I still like platformers whether they be 2D or 3D.

 

My question is, will we see a spike in Vita sales from PS3 users wanting to take advantage of the cross buy?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (393 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/01/2007
Offline
141 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013

I have not done a "Cross-Buy" game before. With that said, I am only interested in the Vita version, but it only makes sense to get the PS3 version for $10 more. I assume that I would be able to trade in the PS3 version and still use the Vita version, correct? Is the Vita version just a code or something?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (390 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2464 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

 

My question is, will we see a spike in Vita sales from PS3 users wanting to take advantage of the cross buy?


Doubtful, most people on the fence about the PSV aren't going to be swayed by a game like Sly; don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing it. But it's not a system seller. Plus, with Sony's comment last year about how there'd be a price cut this year, I bet everybody will wait for that to happen rather than jump the gun~.

 

$250 (+memcard expenses) for a PSV when you can have a PS3 for less than that is just not feasible at all~.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (383 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/21/2007
Online
6968 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

I'd be picking it up if I had the funds. I still like platformers whether they be 2D or 3D.

 

My question is, will we see a spike in Vita sales from PS3 users wanting to take advantage of the cross buy?


Well sony is keeping the marketing strategy of the game with the theme of the game by trying to stealthily release it without anyone noticing lmao.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (376 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/14/2001
Offline
1006 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

jedolley wrote:

I have not done a "Cross-Buy" game before. With that said, I am only interested in the Vita version, but it only makes sense to get the PS3 version for $10 more. I assume that I would be able to trade in the PS3 version and still use the Vita version, correct? Is the Vita version just a code or something?


Yes the Vita version will be a voucher code in the box with the PS3 version, so once redeemed it will be just like you bought it off the Vita PlayStation Store.

 

I imagine you could sell the PS3 version if you wanted to, but with Cross Save you could go back and forth playing on the Vita or PS3.

 

That said, I don't use that feature with Retro City Rampage which I bought before it became a Plus game.  Although Retro City Rampage was pretty glitchy with that feature, corrupting save data to the point that trophies wouldn't necessarily unlock after copying it back and forth.  This was apparently patched and fixed just before it became a PS Plus game, among other improvements.

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (375 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Sly Cooper vs Rayman Origins

Feb 4, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

 

My question is, will we see a spike in Vita sales from PS3 users wanting to take advantage of the cross buy?


Doubtful, most people on the fence about the PSV aren't going to be swayed by a game like Sly; don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing it. But it's not a system seller. Plus, with Sony's comment last year about how there'd be a price cut this year, I bet everybody will wait for that to happen rather than jump the gun~.

 

$250 (+memcard expenses) for a PSV when you can have a PS3 for less than that is just not feasible at all~.


Well in all fairness, I was talking about people that already have a PS3.

 

Maybe it would be more realistic to someone that has a PS3 as well as PS+ already. Then when they spend the $250 and buy a memory card they can take advantage of the free PS+ titles that they didn't get with already having PS+ and the cross buy of Sly Cooper. Then it'd be like getting the Vita for around $180. :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (369 Views)
Reply
0 Likes