Oct 23 2012
By: poochieplex First Son 2 posts

Sly Cooper Demo Code Not Working

2 replies 268 views Edited Oct 23, 2012

So, I just bought the Ratchet and Clank Collection, in large part because my daughters are addicted to the Sly Cooper series and wanted to see the demo. However, putting in the code got me downloadable versions of all 3 R & C games instead of the demo/avatar. I sent a message to Sony a week ago and they never responded. Googling the issue doesn't seem to turn up much except a few whispers that I am out of luck. Has anyone else had this problem (and isn't it false advertising)?

Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Re: Sly Cooper Demo Code Not Working

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

poochieplex wrote:

So, I just bought the Ratchet and Clank Collection, in large part because my daughters are addicted to the Sly Cooper series and wanted to see the demo. However, putting in the code got me downloadable versions of all 3 R & C games instead of the demo/avatar. I sent a message to Sony a week ago and they never responded. Googling the issue doesn't seem to turn up much except a few whispers that I am out of luck. Has anyone else had this problem (and isn't it false advertising)?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I purchased the R & C games too, the code was in the box on a separate piece of paper & worked with no problems, I got the Demo & the Avatar.

I know this may sound like a silly question but is the code still valid, some codes do have expiry dates on them?

Also make sure you're entering the code correctly, for example it is very easy to mistake an "0" for an "O".

Contacting Sony won't get you too far, it is Insomniac Games, the makers of the game you need to speak to.

False advertising, nah, the codes are generally all fine, I have heard of no one else reporting this, so I'm going to go with it just being an issue with yours or an error somewhere that's all.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Sly Cooper Demo Code Not Working

Oct 23, 2012

The code I have doesn't have any zeros in it (the numeric characters are 7s and 9s), and it expires 3/31/13. The reason I contacted Sony is because that's what the voucher says to do ("for assistance"). I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. 

I found 2 or 3 websites with similar stories as this one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663930-ratchet-and-clank-collection/64346404

Message 3 of 3 (253 Views)
0 Likes