Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: but apparently its a firmware update from what I've been r...

Nov 14, 2012

And you really will stick with that even when like others I was playing a game before I updated yet after the update installed none of my games work yea talk about a big coincidence considering my ps3 is only a year and a half old where as a friend just bought a new one a month before and when he updated it his also stopped playing discs. Now that is some serious coincidences going on here. I'm going to stop arguing with you now cause apparently you have no such intentions as to actually help someone only argue with them when they disagree with your buy another one method.   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15166 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

And we don't know how you or your "friends" take care of your stuff..... you can swear all day long that you treat it like gold.....

You wanna know what "treating it like gold" gives you?

I have a Launch Day 60Gb and aMotorstorm 80Gb bundle both are running PERFECT. No YLOD, no dead BD drive, never went to Sony for repair/warranty claim, nor did I ever have to fix it myself to keep it working.

You also wanna know what "treating it good" really means when you have customers bringing in their PS3s to fix? Dead bugs, massive amount of dust, tar/ash residue, cracked/broken shell, liquid stains inside and out, and the biggest one.... HEAT Damage, you know, the nice rainbow of blue/purple/black/ when the CPU and GPU overheat to the point they actually BURN the heat spreader and heatsink..... And they all had a similar story to tell "I just got the new firmware and my PS3 wont turn back on/stopped reading discs etc etc..." 

Gimme a break....... you want Sony to fix it? $100+

You want Sony to warranty it? You should have bought the extended warranty that Sony sells on the Store.

no one here is going give you ideas on how to "social engineer" ways to get circumvent having to pay for repair work.

Sony internally tests EVERYTHING they release to their customers when it comes to software/firmware updates..... to prevent this exact situation. 

Go get an Xbox and see how long you think you'll last with its continuing RROD issue..... I've seen a few photos of MANY slim 360s with RLOD at repair centers and even pawn shops that do repairs...... vs the minisucle amount of PS3's......

Keep this as a mental note..... this forum, has about 200k members, maybe 1/4 of that is actual active members and a fraction of that are people who have PS3 issues....... now compare that number with the 20million PS3's that have sold in the US alone, you know, since this is a US based forum. Now, do some math with those numbers and you'll see that the margin of error is WELL BELOW that of the allowable industry standard for consumer electronics

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (54 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I would like to know where you got an impossible PS3... no such thing as a "Slim" 60GB.  The "Slim" PS3 came in 4 sizes 120GB, 160GB, 250GB and 320GB.   Care to share on how you came to own this unicorn?

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (48 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4520 posts

Nov 17, 2012

ThePunisher wrote:

I would like to know where you got an impossible PS3... no such thing as a "Slim" 60GB.  The "Slim" PS3 came in 4 sizes 120GB, 160GB, 250GB and 320GB.   Care to share on how you came to own this unicorn?

This is what I was wondering as well; it would have to have been manually downgraded, but why would someone do that?

People seem to trust forum readers that the firmware update problem caused it, but then...what about the previous firmware updates?  Why didn't those kill your PS3?  People were complaining about it on the forums then.  What's different about this update that suddenly makes random forum users correct?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (36 Views)
0 Likes