Nov 14 2012
By: ofshoreguy First Son 6 posts

Slim PS3 60 gb wont read any disc.... HELP!

13 replies 170 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

had an update two weeks ago after that installed i cant play any sp3 blu ray or even regular cd's have no problem with any other app or dl games can someone help 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: Slim PS3 60 gb wont read any disc.... HELP!

Nov 14, 2012

Sounds like your drive is shot. I'd recommend letting Endless Electronics repair it. If you're a DYIer check eBay for one from the same model and have fun. It's not that hard.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

but apparently its a firmware update from what ive been r...

Nov 14, 2012

but apparently its a firmware update from what ive been reading so many people are having the same problem so excuse me if i dont believe that everyones discs readers went out at the same time after the update.... if that doesnt make you think its there fault nothing will.

Just saying

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: but apparently its a firmware update from what ive been r...

Nov 14, 2012

ofshoreguy wrote:

but apparently its a firmware update from what ive been reading so many people are having the same problem so excuse me if i dont believe that everyones discs readers went out at the same time after the update.... if that doesnt make you think its there fault nothing will.

Just saying

Everyones didn't.

You're right nothing will.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (164 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Re: but apparently its a firmware update from what I've been r...

Nov 14, 2012

OK Mr. Technicality when I said everyone's I was referring to the people on the forums posting after the latest update so if you read correctly technically the way I said it was and is correct . Again I am referring to people posting this happening after the latest update 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Believe what you wish. Your thread title said "Help" did you really want some or did you just want to try to place blame?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Your correct i want help. Not someone telling me to just go throw money away on a new one.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 14, 2012

ofshoreguy wrote:

Your correct i want help. Not someone telling me to just go throw money away on a new one.

What do you want to hear? There is no magic wand fix that costs nothing. Magic wands are expensive.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 14, 2012

What I would like to hear is someone else that is willing to actually help not someone that only says replace it or repair it why should I have to when I was not the cause I did not make the update I believe that was the developers. I was not trying to be rude but in reading the numerous post about this same issue after the latest update in every post I've seen people say that it was not the update it was just a coincidence it happened at the same time and that they should just buy a new one. I'm not saying it is you saying that but its upsetting when we have a legitimate problem and instead of trying to help we get told to buy a new one.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 14, 2012

You could go back years and see after every update there are people blaming it for problems. It's a coincidence. I know you don't want to hear that but the updates are a convienent scapegoat. Nothing lasts forever. Everything breaks. It would have still broken if you had never updated.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (136 Views)