Dec 20 2012
By: ZodiacX92 First Son 3 posts

Slim File Corruption Prompt

1 replies 60 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

So my brother had left his PS3 slim with me to try and fix and as I start it up I get the file corruption screen & need to restore.  The progress bar will get to 14% and stop, after leaving it on and not really monitoring it for changes in progress it just restarts and prompts me with the file corruption screen again.  I have ran safe mode and tried Option 2, 3, 4 and 6. These options NEVER complete, they simply pop up and say 'Preparing..Please Wait' or completely freeze the PS3 in safe mode.  Since 1 is just a restart that wouldn't help and 5 is a complete system format which is something I entirely do not want to do to him due to extensive time put in to some games.

Also he tells me that what happened prior to the PS3 freezing and trying to restore corrupt files is the normal thing that prompts it, a game freezes during a load screen or mid-play and forces a hard reset.  I have had a similar problem with my PS3 but safe mode actually was able to fix it

I was wondering if there was anyway to retrieve the save files from the HDD prior to formatting it so I can just restore them post-format if it comes down to it.  Either a way to bypass the restore corrupt file screen and go straight to XMD or pull the hard drive out and wire it to my computer.

Thanks, Z

Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Re: Slim File Corruption Prompt

Dec 20, 2012

ZodiacX92 wrote:

So my brother had left his PS3 slim with me to try and fix and as I start it up I get the file corruption screen & need to restore.  The progress bar will get to 14% and stop, after leaving it on and not really monitoring it for changes in progress it just restarts and prompts me with the file corruption screen again.  I have ran safe mode and tried Option 2, 3, 4 and 6. These options NEVER complete, they simply pop up and say 'Preparing..Please Wait' or completely freeze the PS3 in safe mode.  Since 1 is just a restart that wouldn't help and 5 is a complete system format which is something I entirely do not want to do to him due to extensive time put in to some games.

Also he tells me that what happened prior to the PS3 freezing and trying to restore corrupt files is the normal thing that prompts it, a game freezes during a load screen or mid-play and forces a hard reset.  I have had a similar problem with my PS3 but safe mode actually was able to fix it

I was wondering if there was anyway to retrieve the save files from the HDD prior to formatting it so I can just restore them post-format if it comes down to it.  Either a way to bypass the restore corrupt file screen and go straight to XMD or pull the hard drive out and wire it to my computer.

Thanks, Z

Sadly, You can't retrieve your save data after formatting it.Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 2 (50 Views)
0 Likes