Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
25 posts

Re: Sleeping Dogs PSN Plus?

Jan 28, 2013

It's ridiculous because sleeping dogs is currently priced at around 40-50 dollars brand new right now. What was the last game that Playstation plus users have received that came close to or equated that value? I've only been a plus member for 4 months so I can't speak outside those months, but I know in the time I've had it that there has been no games that have come close to that. Most plus games we received are around 20 dollars or less in value and that's being generous. I understand the EU store and US store can't have the same content because of multiple  reasons but when we have a discrepancy this large in value it is ridiculous. 

Also please do not group me with individuals that complain every time content is released in Plus because I am not one of those. I for the most part am pleased with my US account so I would not trade it with a EU account. If I was in plus for the instant game collection I would of traded subscriptions along time ago but I am in it for the discounts which I and happy with. But when there are differences as large as this I think I have a right to speak my mind. And you are correct in the fact that we don't know what we are being offered in the future but I doubt our instant game will be equal to or close to it in monetary value.

Ghostwize wrote:

iseelamepeople wrote:

You gotta be kidding me. Can we atleast get a discount on it or something. This is kinda ridicoulous. 

Why exactly is it ridiculous? We already have quantum conundrum. Sleeping Dogs is their 1 of  2 full ps3 games they are getting in Feb. The other is F1 racing stars. We don't even know what we're getting yet. We also already got Wipeout for the Vita which is another of their games next month. Sad? Sign up for a EU plus account. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (514 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Honestly I let my Plus membership lapse and I've been waiting for a good game to be offered before paying for it again.  It hasn't happened and I'm going on a month and a half.  I admit that I prefer AAA games (that's all I buy) to others so I guess that makes me picky.  I also don't own a Vita.  Sleeping Dogs would have been the game to get me back (and I already own it for xbox, that version was on sale) since I prefer the dualshock controllers.  Eh, I don't have a lot of money to burn so I'm not mad but the offerings for Plus have really not been to my taste.  I didn't care when my sub was ongoing but it seems it is going to take a bit more to bring me back.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10991 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Last I remember, games lose value over time. In a few months Sleeping Dogs will be $30-40.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I THOUGHT THAT FOR THE LONGEST TIME, SEEING IT ON WEEKLY SALES IN bb OR fRYS FOR $30, BUT I WILL NEVER PAY FOR ANY RETAIL GAME OVER $25. sorry, CAPS. anyway, i'll be glad to grab this one for free when it happens but i'm hoping for a Dragons Dogma.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Tell me when Sleeping Dogs tops any GTA game. Until then I don't understand why anyone is complaining about not getting it.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 29, 2013
*getting
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (435 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Jan 29, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:
Tell me when Sleeping Dogs tops any GTA game. Until then I don't understand why anyone is complaining about not gotting it.

Yeah. While it was fun the replay value is practically nonexistant and it was very short for an open world game.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Yea sleeping dogs isn't as good as Gta so we shouldn't want it. That has to be some of the dumbest logic I have ever heard. Why would we not want sleeping dogs, it would be one of the best games given out on the IGC, but just becouse it's not the best game of that genres we shouldn't want it? That just stupid. Please tell me that was just you trolling and not being real, at lest then I could understand why you would post such nonsense.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Actually that would be the best logic. If you have the baddest car and your friend is given a crappy run down car, would you be upset he was given the run down car instead of you? I doubt it, the same thing applies here. Sleeping Dogs would be one of the best games on the IGC? Are you being serious? Or are you that big a fan of the game and you just haven't come by $30 to go pick up a copy? Get real, Saints Row is junk and so is Sleeping Dogs, there are plenty of other titles we can get put into our IGC that those games couldn't even slightly compete with.

You complain all of the time, you're not satisfied with anything and always want what others get. Get over it kid, buy the games you're over here drooling for every few weeks.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 29, 2013

So a 30$ game that came out less than 6 months ago and had an average review score of over 80% is considered a junk game. Yea that pretty much confirms that you’re just a troll. Just because you might not like the game doesn’t mean that the majority of the people wouldn’t like it. The fact that there is almost nobody complaining in the EU shows that a lot of people over there are happy with the game, just like most of the people in the US would be happy with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (391 Views)