Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 22 2013
By: MAULxx Splicer 48 posts

Skyrim on PS3... How is it now?

[ Edited ]
17 replies 6397 views Edited May 6, 2014

With the Legendary Edition coming soon I wanted to ask how Skyrim runs on the PS3 now after all the patches.

I have a 360 & PS3 but only have played the game on 360 so....

How is the PS3 version in comparison to the 360?

I am thinking of getting the LE on PS3 but obviously I want the better version & I've heard alot of nightmares about the PS3 ver.

All you PS3 Skyrim players... feel free to chime in. If you have played both versions as of late, which runs the best?

Mod Edit: Added label. Click here for more information on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 18 (6,397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7615 posts

Re: Skyrim on PS3... How is it now?

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

The PS3 Skyrim has it's issues such as slowdown on some parts, but I still love it. I've logged 175 hours on it, and the recent patches alleviated most of the nightmarish complaints.

That said, it seems to be dependent on your PS3. Sticking a faster hard disk in my system definitely helped. Also, Bethesda may have added enhancements on the Legendary Edition like they did with Oblivion that make it run much smoother.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 2 of 18 (6,392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1897 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

i have seen no probs. i have three saves, ranging from 30hours to 180hours. however, if your playing on a super slim, i WOULD NOT recommend playing for more than like 8hrs at a time. About a year ago, i played 8hrs on saturday, and 8hrs on sunday, and i think it broke the lazer in my ps3, and its became very tempermental reading discs

(Before people start flaming me, im not saying Skyrim IS the reason for my ps3 disc drive breaking, but thats the only thing i think it couldve been (it was about to be 2years old at the time). I bought a superslim, and i still play skyrim on it.)

Message 3 of 18 (6,379 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

May 22, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

i have seen no probs. i have three saves, ranging from 30hours to 180hours. however, if your playing on a super slim, i WOULD NOT recommend playing for more than like 8hrs at a time. About a year ago, i played 8hrs on saturday, and 8hrs on sunday, and i think it broke the lazer in my ps3, and its became very tempermental reading discs

when do you eat? 

I only play 4 hours or so straight, then I take a break to eat

Message 4 of 18 (6,362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5320 posts

May 22, 2013

I must have been one of the lucky ones, as I got platinum on it and never had the horrible lag issues. Now Fallout New Vegas is a different story...

Message 5 of 18 (6,349 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

May 23, 2013

I suppose I could rent a copy & compare it against the 360 version. I don't have a problem with the 360 ver. It looks & runs pretty well but I would prefer to use the PS3 controller. 

Looking at youtube videos of the ps3 ver after 1.9 patch has got me worried seeing the way the game just pauses while moving through the environment. It is also my understanding from what I've read that the 360 ver runs locked at 30fps but has some screen tear when things get crazy & th PS3 ver runs with no screen tear but variable fps that drops when things get crazy.

IDK, might rent it tomorrow & see for myself.

Message 6 of 18 (6,319 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 2, 2013

I bought the Skyrim Legendary Edition this week from Toys R Us for $35.00. 

I have to say the PS3 ver. runs much better than I expected. There is some dips in framerate out in the open world but nothing that really bothers me. The 360 framerate would dip at times for no apparent reason, just moving aroound in a certain dungeon area.

I really love the fact that there is zero screen tearing on PS3. I hated it on 360. 

Now I'm lvl 17 & my save file is still small. Hopefully no major problems show up when my save gets larger. If it stays as it is I very happy to own it on PS3. 

Message 7 of 18 (6,225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4758 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

MAULxx wrote:

I bought the Skyrim Legendary Edition this week from Toys R Us for $35.00. 

I have to say the PS3 ver. runs much better than I expected. There is some dips in framerate out in the open world but nothing that really bothers me. The 360 framerate would dip at times for no apparent reason, just moving aroound in a certain dungeon area.

I really love the fact that there is zero screen tearing on PS3. I hated it on 360. 

Now I'm lvl 17 & my save file is still small. Hopefully no major problems show up when my save gets larger. If it stays as it is I very happy to own it on PS3. 

Dude that is a really good find! I've always wanted to play Skyrim but I know my computer would take a crap on itself if I were to ever try to run it on it. $35 is a steal, i might just get it.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=skyrim%20legendary%20edition&origkw=skyrim+legen...

I'm very wary though... I have a friend in the forums here who felt burned during the nightmarish days. Looking at digital foundry, I guessed is safe to say thing might be a lot better.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3-skyrim-lag-fixed

This is also a good read, currently going over it for comparison sake.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-skyrim

I wonder if Best Buy sites price match if I show them this ad.

Message 8 of 18 (6,202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Im gonna be straight with you.. It sucks, I beat the game a year ago on my 360 and it was a beautiful game. About 2 weeks ago I started playing again with patch's on my ps3 and about half way through the game you start to run into problems.. A lot of it is when you have 3 or more enemy's at once that you are fighting and it starts to lag sooo bad. I wish i had played it again on my 360.
Message 9 of 18 (6,168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Agreed.
Message 10 of 18 (6,147 Views)
0 Likes