Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: Skyrim is one of the most overrated games ever.

Jan 21, 2014

Well this is first. I love this game and have been playing it to this day since it released.

1. World is too bland. Everywhere I look is snow or a city. It should have had deserts and jungles and stuff like that.

Again, the game is set in the most northern part of Tamriel.  Elder Scrolls Online will have the variety of terrain and visuals that you are looking for. Personally I though Bethesda nailed it with the immersion of the frigid mountainous tundra-style environments.

2. Not enough transportation. I should be able to fast travel to wherever I want before discovering it. Horses are too hard to come by.

I think they have the perfect balance of fast-travel to be honest. The game is ALL about exploration, questing and discovering things on the map. Play it the way it is meant to be be played by discovering things along the way, not try to grind out questlines back to back.

3. Graphics. With a big game like that, they had to sacrifice something, but why did it have to be graphics. Uncharted 3 and Skyrim were released a week apart and Uncharted 3's graphics made Skyrim's look like crap.

Um no. The graphics on Skyrim were unparalleled on console up until that point, not to mention the PC version which even by today's standards are impressive. The variety of textures, water quality combat etc. are all top notch.

4. Bugs. Again, this a big game so I would expect some bugs. But every 3 seconds my ps3 freezes. Bethesda is a experienced developer but for some reason  they bit off more than the hardware could chew.

I will agree with this to an extent, but really there is nothing game breaking in the game since it has been patched. Sounds like you might be having hardware issues?

5. Infinite sidequests. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Again, immersion. I am assuming you are referring to the Dark Brotherhood, Companions, Thieves Guild etc. sidequests right? These are meant to provide Septims when you need work, there really more auxiliary. If you don't need coin, move on to something else.

6. Dragons. They look all big and menacing, but they aren't. I can just stand there and bash them with a sword until they die. Trolls are too strong. I eventually just run away from them because I keep dying. And it's not because I suck at the game.

Assuming you are not playing the game on Easy, Legendary dragons are definitely not easy to defeat unless you have everything maxed out etc. Even then they will **bleep** you up if you stand in front of them. Trolls are actually way easier than the Legendary dragons, not sure how you are approaching them? It helps to use conjuration to keep them busy.

7. Story. Made absolutely no sense. 

WHAT? It's easily one of the best singleplayer stories out there and makes perfect sense. I am not going to spoil anything but I don't know how anyone could not like Skyrim's story and lore.

I felt this game was a failure and rushed. Agree?

No. It's Elder Scrolls, and its easily one of the best games of all time in my book.

Message 21 of 31 (191 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Travel was done right in Morrowind with the Stilt Strider.
Message 22 of 31 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Overrated=opinion.

So, no, it's not one of the most overrated games ever. It's just one of the most overrated games ever to the OP.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 31 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 21, 2014

atoy2000 wrote:

I felt this game was a failure and rushed. Agree? <-----You are not allowed to have your own opinion. Not sure why you thought you could state it on this site.

--

meowstro edit: Updated title to reference Skyrim.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 24 of 31 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jan 21, 2014
To each his own.
Skyrim was one of the best games I had ever played.
Message 25 of 31 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jan 21, 2014
If you guys ever played a TES game earlier than Oblivion, you wouldn't be calling Skyrim great.
Message 26 of 31 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
If you guys ever played a TES game earlier than Oblivion, you wouldn't be calling Skyrim great.

Hey, Morrowind was awesome. You could beat the game in like 8 minutes XD

Plus you could practically fly.

Message 27 of 31 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2014
Beat the game in 8 minutes? I doubt it. It also didnt have that cheesy leveling system that practically holds your hand exploring any dungeon. Leveling your character actually meant something as did your weapons and armor. Oblivion and Skyrim give the approach of go anywhere, kill anything regardless of your level or skills. The only way these games were even half way playable was with PC mods unless you are the modern day consolite born and bred on Call of Duty.
Message 28 of 31 (141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Beat the game in 8 minutes? I doubt it. It also didnt have that cheesy leveling system that practically holds your hand exploring any dungeon. Leveling your character actually meant something as did your weapons and armor. Oblivion and Skyrim give the approach of go anywhere, kill anything regardless of your level or skills. The only way these games were even half way playable was with PC mods unless you are the modern day consolite born and bred on Call of Duty.

Don't doubt it, it's perfectly possible. Speedruns on Morrowind are very common.

I watched my friend in person do it (not in 8 minutes, it took him 14, but still XD)

I tried it and finished in less than an hour

I say 8 minutes because that's the fastest I've seen on YouTube.

Message 29 of 31 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Totally agree, only new gamers new to RPG's and ES think oblivion and skyrim are great. Again RPG for casual gamers. Morrowind was better then botrh at the time it released, older now though obviously. Both OBlivion and skyrim are horribly overrated.

The combat in Es games is horrendous.

Message 30 of 31 (133 Views)
0 Likes