Skyrim and Fallout on PS VITA.

14 replies 11364 views Edited Feb 11, 2013
Message 1 of 15 (11,364 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Re: Skyrim and Fallout on PS VITA.

Feb 11, 2013

PR0JECT-R0YAL wrote:

Very little say impossible. Most say VERY possible. GO to these sites an comment freely.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1442916-bethesdas-fallout-on-ps-vita-portable/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1442922-bethesdas-skyrim-on-ps-vita-portable/

PC Gamers touting the amount of money they spend on their PCs. Typical. Skyrim ran fine on the PS3 (I might be the lucky one) and the Vita has more RAM than the 360. So they can most likely shoehorn it in.

And I don't care about mods, Super Textures, Console Commands or any PC-extras. I like playing a game designed by the developers, balanced by the developers, not by some person around the block.

Either way, I won't waste my typing fingers: I hope Bethesda takes notice and supports the Vita, and no, I'm not going to register and waste my time on that site. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 15 (11,346 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Thats fine if you dont wanna register lol if you dont mind me ill copy an paste your thoughts for you. Thanks for being true to your word. Lots of kudos to your post!!

Message 3 of 15 (11,342 Views)
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I don't want a two year old port. I want Bethesda to actually work to get a new RPG IP for the Vita within the Elder Scrolls/Fallout theme.

I'll just wait for the next Elder Scrolls release, and not a two year old meme filled arrow in the DAH nonsence.

Message 4 of 15 (11,337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Eh...idk. Mixed feelings. I just want it to be quality.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 5 of 15 (11,329 Views)
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

could do it with the feeling of the origins, as "Mirror of fate" for the new Castlevania series.ahsisi.gif

in any case Bethesda is a heavyweight in the world of video games, its support would be very welcome.

Message 6 of 15 (11,324 Views)
First Son
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

I would actually prefer a port over some "watered down mobile version"

A lot of people are complaining about ports on the Vita, saying they would rather have a brand new entry for particular games on the Vita. The problem with this is most of these games just end up being inferior versions of their console counterparts. The Vita claims to be "console gaming on the go", but playing Black Ops Declassified just feels like an inferior version thats ment for handhelds.

Don't get me wrong. I dont want every game on the Vita to have that console feel. I prefer some games that I can play for 5-10 mins and put it down, but when playing a game like Skyrim or Fallout I prefer having the full experience instead of having a version that could run on a smartphone.

I will admit Little Big Planet is an exception and the game is amazing, but if you're going to take a AAA title and make a brand new version for a handheld, chances are the game will most likely be a huge disappointment. Black Ops Declassified is an example where it just feels like a reskinned Resistance BS and would of been better off being a Black Ops 2 port.

Message 7 of 15 (11,285 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

PR0JECT-R0YAL wrote:

Very little say impossible. Most say VERY possible. GO to these sites an comment freely.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1442916-bethesdas-fallout-on-ps-vita-portable/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1442922-bethesdas-skyrim-on-ps-vita-portable/

PC Gamers touting the amount of money they spend on their PCs. Typical. Skyrim ran fine on the PS3 (I might be the lucky one) and the Vita has more RAM than the 360. So they can most likely shoehorn it in.

And I don't care about mods, Super Textures, Console Commands or any PC-extras. I like playing a game designed by the developers, balanced by the developers, not by some person around the block.

Either way, I won't waste my typing fingers: I hope Bethesda takes notice and supports the Vita, and no, I'm not going to register and waste my time on that site. Smiley Tongue

First off, your stance against the PC is extremely naive. Nobody forces you to download mods that alter gameplay. However, the graphical mods or UI improvements make for a drastically superior experience. No matter how good Skyrim looks on the PS3, if you have a PC that's capable of running the High-Res texture pack, it's without a doubt better, not to mention all the little things you can add, like a more detailed map, streamlined UI, etc.

As for the question at hand - Skyrim or Fallout on the Vita - I don't see that ever happening. Yes, the Vita may have more RAM, but you're forgetting that the PS3/360 have hard drives to store and cache all the necessary data, something the Vita does not have. That's not to say the Vita cannot get a Elder Scrolls or Fallout game, but it'd have to be a smaller-scale spinoff.

Message 8 of 15 (11,255 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I would love to see a decent RPG game on the vita, although I would prefer something other than a port.

[Forsaken Crown]
Message 9 of 15 (11,226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 11, 2013

News Artical I Found. Bethesda hasnt over looked the PS Vita. Nor have they over looked hand held gaming. There acuallty waiting for the right time. It takes time for developers to find the full potental of a console. Happens to every console that first comes out.

While some developers have been jumping upon the Wii U bandwagon after considering the gameplay possibilities available with the platform’s new controller, developer Bethesda Softworks is more concerned with the processing power, and as such, is still on the fence about supporting the console.

Known for creating titles that push PCs and home consoles to their max (and occasionally suffer because of it), Bethesda wants to ensure that the Wii U is strong enough to at least rival the current generation power of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

But the potential for new generation tech support doesn’t stop wit the Wii U, as Bethesda has also revealed that they are impressed with the technical specs that the PS Vita is boasting. Of course, the Vita being a handheld might peg Bethesda’s support for the upcoming platform a little less likely than the Wii U.

Speaking with Executive VP Pete Hines, MCV was able to discover that if the consoles were a good fit, Bethesda might even consider bringing some of their hot new titles of the moment to the platforms.

Message 10 of 15 (11,210 Views)
0 Likes