Mar 01 2012
By: abercrombieco2 Treasure Hunter 5662 posts

Silent Hill orgins on the vita

10 replies 364 views Edited Mar 1, 2012

Just picked it up on psn for 9.99$ pretty godoy deal at that price, still holds up on the vita, looks even better imo. 

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Silent Hill orgins on the vita

Mar 1, 2012

Haven't tried Origins on my Vita. I owned it at a point in time on UMD, but sold it long ago.

I can report that Silent Hill: Shattered Memories looks and plays great on the Vita. No problem transferring my save over from my PSP (to PS3 then from PS3 to Vita).

Message 2 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Mar 1, 2012

When you buy/DL PSP in/from the PSVtore, are those PSP games optimized for PSV; to use the right stick?

I have Star wars battlefront 2 on my PSv and I enabled to use the Face buttons (triangle,X) for the right stick so I can look with right stick but it's not that I can use the X button to jump, have use L to jump and sprint lol

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Unless I missed something how are yoou guys playing both Silent Hill games when they do not appear in the store on my Vita? Or did you guys find a way to transfer the downloaded files to the Vita?

Message 4 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 1, 2012

craz3eddie66 wrote:

Unless I missed something how are yoou guys playing both Silent Hill games when they do not appear in the store on my Vita? Or did you guys find a way to transfer the downloaded files to the Vita?

I was able to redownload my purchased PSP games on my PS3 in the PSN Store. After that, I transferred my saves over directly from the PSP to the PS3. Then I connected the PS Vita to the PS3 and opened up Content Manager and transferred both the games and the saves. The only game I couldn't get my original PSP save to work on was in Gran Turismo, but that's a known problem with that partcular game since it doesn't allow using saves from other systems. All my other PSP saves work fine on the PS Vita.

Message 5 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5662 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Both sticks work but silent hill has a fixed camera so both use movement. I just bought it the other day it was nay 9$ so I thought why not , looks sharper on the vita and sounds great forgot how good the game sounded.   It's a must buy imo if ur looking for a game under 10$ if your a fan of silent hill and haven't played this yet.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 6 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 1, 2012

I bought Origins as well, that price tag is VERY appealing.

To the above poster, we get the Silent Hill games by purchasing on our PS3 and then making the transfer to our VITA.

BEFORE YOU BUY ANY GAMES, check the list of compatible ones, Sony has an official one and the guys here, and over at Cheap A** Gamer have made lists to include games that aren't on Sony's list but are still compatible with the VITA.

Message 7 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Mar 1, 2012

You guys are awesome. I would imagine Silent Hill looks amazing. I love those games. I will definitely try this out and search for that post you mentioned buddy. Thanks guys.

Message 8 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Mar 2, 2012

abercrombieco2 wrote:

Both sticks work but silent hill has a fixed camera so both use movement. I just bought it the other day it was nay 9$ so I thought why not , looks sharper on the vita and sounds great forgot how good the game sounded.   It's a must buy imo if ur looking for a game under 10$ if your a fan of silent hill and haven't played this yet.

Ah I see. Cool, yeah am an avid fan of Silent Hill and for 10$ it ain't bad. Will probalby get it on my next pscard.

Im getting one this weekend but in prep to possibly get the God of war Origins collection at 1/2 off next week (if it was highly voted)

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Mar 2, 2012

the new silent hill coming out for vita looks stupid

Twitch Channel
Message 10 of 11 (364 Views)